PDA

View Full Version : NW people in the snow

Nightflier
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Something that really cracks me up is when the snow hits here in Western Washington...

Some people who normally can't drive anyways turn into completely mush when they see the snow hit... petrified with fear. Our local news broadcasts are nothing but the weather with headlines like, "Winter storm 2003/2004", etc.

My word! We have like 3-6" right! Last night people were hitting the stores like it was the end of days or something! The simple fact is, it'll rain within a couple of days and melt all the stuff... after all, it is the greater Seattle area ya know. :rolleyes:

Other parts of the country get buried in snow where they measure it in feet instead of inches, while the panicked Western Washington folk sit by the warm fire while the 4" on snow on the ground taunts them. :rofl:

First thing I did was put the truck in 4-wheel and go out to play! :thumbs:

Dissectional
01-06-2004, 07:51 PM
:rofl:

That is funny. I have a buddy that lives in Portland, and he was telling me about the lunatics that are going into hibernation...hoarding food, buying shovels and snowblowers, getting propane heaters...cracks me up.

We have a foot of snow in MI right now, and we just got a blizzard warning! HA! Where is my sled?!

Thundarr
01-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Too funny!! Ah well, I broke my axle pulling in the driveway tonight. :bawling: Actually it's no biggie, my best friend is a mechanic and says it'll take a hour's labor to fix it up. :woohoo: It's been slowly getting worse since this summer, I just waited it out as long as possible... :rolleyes: Loving the snow we are finally getting, though!!! :thumbs: :wootrock: BTW - NIGHTFARTS, that cracks me up, my boyfriend enjoys giving me "Dutch Ovens" with his nightfarts... That entails him pulling blankets over my head to "share the stink" with me... :tounge:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Thundarr@Jan 6 2004, 09:18 PM
Too funny!! Ah well, I broke my axle pulling in the driveway tonight. :bawling: Actually it's no biggie, my best friend is a mechanic and says it'll take a hour's labor to fix it up. :woohoo: It's been slowly getting worse since this summer, I just waited it out as long as possible... :rolleyes: Loving the snow we are finally getting, though!!! :thumbs: :wootrock: BTW - NIGHTFARTS, that cracks me up, my boyfriend enjoys giving me "Dutch Ovens" with his nightfarts... That entails him pulling blankets over my head to "share the stink" with me... :tounge:
That young lady, is called "true love"! :rofl: Dutch oven..... :rofl: