PDA

View Full Version : Help with screenies

Speedsweeper
02-09-2004, 11:57 PM
I know i have asked this before somewhere on gamemecca but i will be f**ked if i can find it!!

Can anyone tell me how to post a scrennie?? Asian, i downloaded the programme that you told me about but i can only get so far with it. Step by step guide would be usufull.

Yes i know i am thick as s**t :bandhead:

UncleSam
02-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Chris, i use paint shop pro to open the .tga file and then convert to .jpg (usually with some compression). I know i have seen on the forums another, i think free program that will basically do the same.... :hmmm: can't remember tho, **** me too!!?

Asian Invasian
02-10-2004, 01:23 AM
ok well lets see here open it from irfan veiw then select a small pat to copy not the whole thing it would be too big so just select an area and copy then paste into paint, then go to save as save it as a jpeg(its right underneath file name) then go to browse and open it up but before clicking on it leave the curser on it if it says its over 50k then its too big and youll have to select a smaller area if not then your fine and post it :thumbs: . <--btw check out that runon sentence :P
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

mod
02-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Chris what i use is acdsee
its very user friendly currently im using 5.0
if you have questions pm me or email me

mod :wave:

Black Rose
02-10-2004, 07:13 AM
dunno if this helps you, but here is a linky How to take a screenie and post it (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5132)

:wave:

Speedsweeper
02-12-2004, 06:19 PM
:WTF:

Herbus Maximus
02-13-2004, 06:14 AM
:wave:
Which parts are you still having issues with? :WTF:

Herbus Maximus
02-13-2004, 07:07 AM
Ok....I&#39;m not certain which program you are using but they all seem to be alike.

First I open my art/photo program.

Once it&#39;s loaded I then select "file", a window opens and gives me the option "new","open", "browse"...etc.

I select the "open" option which then opens up a window where I direct it to open up my "C drive", then I open "Program files", then to "Croteam", which opens "Serious Sam", then I open the file that says,"Screenshots."

From there I pick which picture I want.

After I&#39;ve selected the photo I want, I then click" file" again and a window opens...

I scroll down the window to where it says "export"and I click on that.

It then gives me an option to use a "jpg optimizer" and I click that.

A new window opens up that shows me how big the original uncompressed picture is in bytes, and next to that it shows the picture as it&#39;s compressed. And in the middle of the window it has a little window that has buttons on the side. As I set the compression value higher it will lower the bytes used in the compressed photo.
Keep adjusting the image until it&#39;s under 50,000 bytes.

Once i&#39;ve Optimized my picture I click "ok" on the bottom of the window and a new window pops up asking me where and how I want to save my picture in.
(I have a file labeled as "Grim Reapers" so I throw all the pictures I want to post or related items in there for easy pickins&#39;.)
I choose a name for my picture and it make sure I save the file as a "jpg"(there&#39;s an option window on the bottom window)

And that&#39;s it. I close my art/photo program.

I go to GameMecca...Reapers section...type stuff then below the window where I type there is a window that has "file attachments". I click that &#39;browse" button and pick out my Reaper folder that has my newest photo in it and click on it.

If everything works then when I hit the "add reply" button..a image will appear under all this text.
I use Jasc and Photoshop for my photo manipulations.
I&#39;ll look around and see what free programs I can find for ya&#39;.
Depending on the program you are using this walkthrough might not be too helpfull...hopefully it will though..

Let us know which program you are using and we might be more helpful.

Asian Invasian
02-13-2004, 07:11 AM
i gave him a link to irfan veiw and he said he dled it

Asian Invasian
02-13-2004, 07:19 AM
i can try 1 more time
1. to take screenie press f11
2. open Irfan view
3. go to file open and go to my computer then to local disc C then to program files then to croteam then to serious sam second encounter then to screen shots
4. open the one in which you want
5. once youve done that click and hold and move your curser over what you want to post
6. copy that
7. open a new paint and paste.
8. make sure you resize the white background so there is none
9. once there is no white background then go to file save as and save it as whatever name you want and underneath it theres file type click there and select Jpeg
10. save then go to add new reply
11. say what you want then go to the bottom it says file attachments
12. click there and browse for the saved one wherever you saved it
13. click on it and click open
14. then go to add reply
15. there is no # 15 hehe

Herbus Maximus
02-13-2004, 07:29 AM
There are a few free programs to try at www.zdnet.com
Go to "Downloads" and click on "Design Tools" and then click on "Image Editing"

Asian Invasian
02-13-2004, 07:43 AM