PDA

View Full Version : In dire need of digital photography help!!

Pure_Evil
02-24-2004, 02:27 PM
the company I work for wants me to take digital photos of their pieces and it's way out of my range. Pictures are being taken in a dark room with a white background and GE photoflood bulbs. My camera for this is the Fuji S602z (http://reviews.cnet.com/Fujifilm_FinePix_S602_Zoom/4507-6501_7-20291229.html?tag=dir) and I'm editing with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 on a iMac with OS X Jaguar

The problem I am getting is the white isn't white. It's coming out flushed. I'm shooting in automatic mode and I've tried all the preset white ballances in the camera. Also, no flash.

I need some serious help. :bandhead:

This is a Redish Brown Mahogany table on a white background :blink:

Pure_Evil
02-24-2004, 02:28 PM
as you can see, that background is way too flushed out, the table color is wrong too. :bandhead: :bawling:

with another setting :bandhead:

Saretta
02-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Does that look better?

Pure_Evil
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Feb 24 2004, 10:02 AM
Does that look better?
Yes, but now I need to know how, and I need to adjust the table color to get the orange a little more brown.

JIMINATOR
02-24-2004, 03:41 PM
i think there are some auto level/contrast/color settings that you can experiment with. hopefully there will be something easy to apply
to where you can do them in bulk. there are other finer adjustments,
but its a pain to use with multiple images.

Slice
02-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Before you take the shot did you meter in on the table or the background? Try metering the background rather than the subject.

<<Hybrid>>
02-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Feb 24 2004, 05:02 PM
Does that look better?
now that&#39;s im possible&#33;&#33;&#33; :bandhead:

Pure_Evil
02-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the help, and I&#39;ll be asking for more later. :thumbs:

Bain was kind enough to walk me though some things on MSN to get me pointed in the right way :thumbs:

Funny how BainSidhe always shows up when I&#39;m in trouble http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/golden_angel.gif

Yes Slice, I tried to set the white ballance off of the background, and a white piece of laminate, didn&#39;t help. I have a light meter, and no clue how to use it yet and what the best light is for what I&#39;m doing. Unfortunately, I&#39;m flying by the seat of my pants because the company is too broke to send me to school for this and html which is coming up for me later this year :blink: If I had the luxury of what the other guy had who did this job where I could focus 80% of my time to this, it would be better, but I still have all my other tasks to do as well.

PimpDaddy
02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Pure, have you tried some extra (indirect) lighting in the room? I was talking to a photo guru today and she said a few lamps that would reflect light off the white background should do the trick :dunno:

Pure_Evil
02-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by PimpDaddy@Feb 25 2004, 05:52 PM
Pure, have you tried some extra (indirect) lighting in the room? I was talking to a photo guru today and she said a few lamps that would reflect light off the white background should do the trick :dunno:
tomorrow, I&#39;ll post pictures of the room and lights I have to use :rofl: