View Full Version : DD

TheUltimateWarrior
11-11-2002, 05:08 PM
hey

Dick Steel (Some Dude on the forums)
told me he owned you in Orange HAze's server
Is this true?
he said you were playing with a alias?

Look at DAB General and read about it! IT's under topic DAB players!

Me(UK)
11-11-2002, 06:48 PM
I don't think there are many if any players that could own DD at this game, worst luck ;)

Dick Steel
11-11-2002, 08:15 PM
I'm the one who can. And i Beat all the merc members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo, let's play 1 vs 1 in your server, or in my. Little trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok?
if u dare!

TheUltimateWarrior
11-11-2002, 08:17 PM
you lie dude

I have asked orange and DD
and Orange said DD won
and DD said he joined at 20 and at the end he had 27

Dick Steel
11-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Nov 11 2002, 10:17 PM
you lie dude

and Orange said DD won
maybe they lie to you, but i don't care.

I only know that i owned DD!

Slash
11-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Dick, did you pick "Dick Steel" as your name because "Some Jackass" was already taken?

TheUltimateWarrior
11-11-2002, 08:55 PM
LOL

i think the name DICKHEAD would be much better for him! :rolleyes:

Dangerous Dan
11-11-2002, 11:40 PM
i had 385 ping in that game (the game was in hole), close to unplayable (ask slice, he knows how hard it is to use that ping). i think i had 13-5, when he had 16-0, i only encountered him once, but we both ran away before we could kill each other... hes a good player, dont take that away from him

if it was the game before, i came in quite late, i dont really even remember what the score was :(

Slice
11-12-2002, 12:05 AM
I will say that you can not play against any great players with a ping of 350 or higher. I can still win games with that ping, however not against the best. Timing is everything when you are shotty dueling or needing to move real quick. I have only been able to keep up with some of the best players when my ping hovers around 300. Even that is streching it. So Dan you are right, with a ping of 385 you would not have a chance! :(

Sacrifice
11-12-2002, 12:27 AM
i always lag and i have cable :(

Haze
11-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by some dude+Nov 11 2002, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (some dude @ Nov 11 2002, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TheUltimateWarrior@Nov 11 2002, 10:17 PM
you lie dude

and Orange said DD won
maybe they lie to you, but i don&#39;t care.

I only know that i owned DD&#33;[/b][/quote]
Why should i lie about that , i dont care if u or DD won the match on my server , i just wrote
how it was and i repeat it again now so there will be no mistakes.

U played "hole"
DD lead the game
U did play good , but u dident beat him.
DD had much worse ping then u, i observed , so i could see that , he lagged pretty bad , u did not.

So leave this trashtalk now and find him again and try to beat him, if its so importent to u :)

Pathos
11-13-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Nov 12 2002, 10:05 AM
I will say that you can not play against any great players with a ping of 350 or higher. *I can still win games with that ping, however not against the best. *Timing is everything when you are shotty dueling or needing to move real quick. *I have only been able to keep up with some of the best players when my ping hovers around 300. *Even that is streching it. So Dan you are right, with a ping of 385 you would not have a chance&#33; *:(
I would pretty much agree with you there, Slice - while very playable at that ping (or perhaps i&#39;m just used to it) it&#39;s tough against the top players. My average is about 375-400 lately and while i win virtually every "noob" game, it&#39;s a rare occasion when i can beat some of the best. The shotgun is simply out of the question against players at that level, despite it being my first love. Thankfully the rocket launcher offers copious splash damage or i doubt i would play at all.

It&#39;s an endless cause of frustration. You live with the hope of one day broad-banding, and me, well, from down here my best bet is tectonic movement. [nudges earth&#39;s crust]

When (if) the patch comes i will try running an Australian server on my spare box. However, if i may digress, i doubt the interest will be there locally; the endless wait for said patch, coupled with all the false dawns on a fix really HAS killed this game. Given the stunning quality of this relatively simple game, it&#39;s a real waste Mr Croteam, and one that i suspect may be beyond truly saving even WITH an eventual patch. If i&#39;m still around, perhaps i&#39;ll give the server deal a shot for the release of the "true" second encounter.. with any luck, by then i won&#39;t need to.