PDA

View Full Version : Difference in speed and jumping

Black Rose
03-18-2004, 07:17 AM
During my last couple games on the outlaws servers and yesterday on the TGR server,
I noticed a big difference in speed and jumping.
My speed is much more faster than normal and my jumps are double higher and larger than usual. :wacko:

WOW This is really AWESOME :w00t: :wootrock: but I need some time to get used to it.

And now my question: does anybody know why this happens?
Could it be my connection or has something changed on the server settings?

just curious :P

Asian Invasian
03-18-2004, 07:52 AM
maybe you were on walk mode :P mwahahaha lol actually i have no idea why i havent noticed though? Better connection makes no difference because youll still be just as fast. well with the knife i know you know this biut you can jump 2 times as high and run 2 times as fast

Black Rose
03-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by <Asian - Invasian>@Mar 18 2004, 08:52 AM
well with the knife i know you know this biut you can jump 2 times as high and run 2 times as fast
yeep maybe I am an old bird but not a newbie :lol: :P :rofl: :ha:

also with the knife the jumping is much higher than usual... :P

Asian Invasian
03-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Black Rose+Mar 18 2004, 01:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Black Rose @ Mar 18 2004, 01:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-<Asian &#045; Invasian>@Mar 18 2004, 08:52 AM
well with the knife i know you know this biut you can jump 2 times as high and run 2 times as fast
yeep maybe I am an old bird but not a newbie :lol: :P :rofl: :ha:

also with the knife the jumping is much higher than usual... :P [/b][/quote]
yup thats why i piut that parrt in there that said "i know that you know this"

Pure_Evil
03-18-2004, 03:09 PM
must be that diet kicking in Rosie ;)

or is it the switch from DAOC :oooo:

leon
03-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I&#39;m envious of you..... :unsure:

Nick
03-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Mar 18 2004, 11:09 AM
must be that diet kicking in Rosie ;)

or is it the switch from DAOC :oooo:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I had that bug before....long time ago though...lasted only for a couple of frags though... :hmmm:

Herbus Maximus
03-19-2004, 12:00 AM
:lol:
I&#39;ve had it happen to me too from time to time. Unfortunately it&#39;s doesn&#39;t ever seem to last for more than a few games though. :wacko:

Black Rose
03-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Mar 18 2004, 04:09 PM
must be that diet kicking in Rosie&nbsp; ;)&nbsp;

or is it the switch from DAOC&nbsp; :oooo:
:rofl: :rofl:

hehe, but you are right :lol:
I had a bit to much chocolate eastereggs yesterday
and I couldnīt jump that high anymore :bawling: my speed was gone :bawling:

well I prefer more the candies than the speedies :lol: :drink:

DiTomasso
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Black Rose@Mar 18 2004, 07:17 AM
During my last couple games on the outlaws servers and yesterday on the TGR server,
My speed is much more faster than normal and my jumps are double higher and larger than usual. :wacko:

WOW This is really AWESOME :w00t: :wootrock: but I need some time to get used to it.

just curious :P
When i am in the game sometimes, you hear on the sound of your steps that you are speeding up.
I think it has to do with your connection at that moment and the traffic on that line.

Last when we where playing in Lt with static, he moved so fast i could hardly see him. :bandhead:
Running with the knife in the hole i was overtaken by another player running with the knife (prob forget to whack me) and he was first at the rocket by far....

sometimes player shoot at you but they can hardly hit you>>>>connection advantage. :rofl:

:wave:

Asian Invasian
03-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DiTomasso+Mar 19 2004, 02:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DiTomasso @ Mar 19 2004, 02:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Black Rose@Mar 18 2004, 07:17 AM
My speed is much more faster than normal and my jumps are double higher and larger than usual.&nbsp; :wacko:

WOW This is really AWESOME&nbsp; :w00t:&nbsp; :wootrock:&nbsp; but I need some time to get used to it.

just curious&nbsp; :P
When i am in the game sometimes, you hear on the sound of your steps that you are speeding up.
I think it has to do with your connection at that moment and the traffic on that line.

Last when we where playing in Lt with static, he moved so fast i could hardly see him. :bandhead:
Running with the knife in the hole i was overtaken by another player running with the knife (prob forget to whack me) and he was first at the rocket by far....

sometimes player shoot at you but they can hardly hit you>>>>connection advantage. :rofl:

:wave: [/b][/quote]
yea that connection advantage sucks really bad :( the thing is they will explode the come back to life even at the top its says poured lead into so i put away my gun then get shot stupid 56k :bandhead: plus when people move from left to right tahts definately not fair to me because theres 2 of them and they do it on purpose :blink: but none the less its still fun :)

Nitro
03-19-2004, 05:54 PM
that was happeneing to me alot in my first 2 weeks of playing serious sam on outlaws server but then it stopped :(

NightBreed
03-28-2004, 03:37 PM
That happens to me every once in a while too..In Hole, I can jump from the heart pup away towards the rocket-launcher and hit the roof if I wanted to.. No idea why or how but I take full advantage of it while I can &#33;&#33; :wootrock: :wootrock: