PDA

View Full Version : A UT Spectating Tip

Smooth[GummiBear]
03-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I just thought I'd drop this tidbit of wisdom on everyone for those that may not know.

One thing I always hated about spectating a game, was that it was always in the third person view. Sure, you can see the jumps, flips, and boosts.. but where you REALLY learn about how a person plays, or how accurate they are... is by watching in the FIRST person view as if you were playing. I LOVE doing this when I go and watch some of the top talent play the game. I learn from them as well as get amazed by there accuracy. :)

Now.. some people may already know to go into the console by typing ~ and then typing "behindview 1" or "behindview 0" to switch between the two.. this is no different in all three UT games.. but what makes it even nicer is by BINDING those to two of your keys.

Example: On my machine, I never use letters O and P. So I decided to pick those. Next.. you can use the following command in the console to bind a command to any button you want.. this is much faster than going into the INI, finding the button, typing it in, saving, going back into the game.

~
set input O behindview 1
set input P behindview 0

If it doesnt say "unrecognized command" or something, then it's a success! Go into a server as a spectator, and click on those buttons to alternate between views. It makes spectating much more enjoyable.

:thumbs:

noldhor
03-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Mine is easier, i just press F4 to switch between 0 or 1 :thumbs: and its already seted in my ut

Smooth[GummiBear]
03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
nice! :) Whatever works!

Fragetti
03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Thx Smooth :thumbs:

I was doing some spectating last night and after a bit I felt wozy :wacko:
Ill give it a try

Pure_Evil
03-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks Smoothness! :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master