PDA

View Full Version : DANGIT!

Diablo
11-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Damnit...I just got a new computer and i installed UT2003 and SS2 And when i played them IT WAS LAGGY AS CRAP!..So i checked my memory and Graphics card...Come to find out that i have 156Gigz and NO GRAPHIC CARD!!..Does anyone know where i can get a Tnt2 graphis or a NIVIDIA Geforece2 graphics card I know where to get he moemmory but is there a site where i can just download it i mean the graphics card to play both.... my comp is..A pentium 3 procceser with windows 98 can anyone help me please?

Justncredible
11-19-2002, 10:28 PM
sorry man, but you can not download a card, and not knowing what your computer is,,,,,no one can tell you what to do........... is it a pent III???? what speed is the cpu???? how much ram,???? How much you wanna spend on a card??????

try this link......

www.pricewatch.com

Sirc
11-19-2002, 10:30 PM
I'd go with the nVidia. You can try Newegg.com - they usually have pretty good prices. I recommend getting the best video card you can afford. Both SS and UT are graphics hogs.

FUS1ON
11-19-2002, 11:00 PM
If you haven't already done so, You better open the case and make sure you have an AGP slot (dark brown) before you buy anything.
Your video card may be the type that is built on to the motherboard and then you will have to go with a PCI slot (white slots) type.

Sirc
11-19-2002, 11:14 PM
Good thinkin Shogun! :)

Justncredible
11-20-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Nov 19 2002, 05:30 PM
I'd go with the nVidia. You can try Newegg.com - they usually have pretty good prices. I recommend getting the best video card you can afford. Both SS and UT are graphics hogs.
newegg.com does have good prices, but pricewatch compares prices from 100's of retail outlets, for the best price you have to look at many places. Pricewatch does that, they do not sell anything, all they do is compare prices and show the list from lowest to highest including shipping, newegg if they have what your looking for is usally in the top 10 sellers for lowest prices, I got my ram from pcboost.com and am about to get another stick..... :)