PDA

View Full Version : All this time...

Ephemerion
11-22-2002, 06:57 AM
I finally realized that my F**cking mouse has been defective. Every once in a while my mouse would stop working altogether, and then 3 seconds later it would kick back in but the sensitivity would be way off. I was like going from a 44 sensitivity to an 86. On slight move and I would turn around twice. I'm sure the people fragging me during times like this would wonder why the hell I was shooting all wanky. Well I thought it was a pop up that was killing me, or some other virus or program that was interfering with my gaming. Nope, the damn mouse has gone to the dark side. I'm afraid I am going to have to let it go. Today, on Hole, a game with Shogun and alias, my mouse kept cutting out every 45 seconds, and then kicking back in with some hypersensitivity. I couldn't aim worth sh*t. I was disappointed in my performance to begin with let alone have to deal with defective equipment. Thankfully my student loan has just arrived after a looooooong wait, i can get a new mouse. In a game like SS, a mouse is your greatest friend, without a reliable one you simply are crap in the canoe.

p.s. Helluva a game shogun, you flexed your chi on that one. Achieved a state of Zen...I love it, keep it goin.

Ephemerion

Hobbes
11-22-2002, 07:06 AM
Oh that sucks man. But even with a crappy mouse you were damn good. :P

FUS1ON
11-22-2002, 07:27 AM
Thanks Bro! :)
If we would have joined at the same time you would have smoked me even with the mouse problem. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/thumb.gif
I had a mouse problem tonight in another game on Hole where my right mouse button was hung and I have that bound to forward movement. That was real freaky because I could not go backwards at all and I almost won it too. I rebooted and it cleared up.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
11-22-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Ephemerion@Nov 21 2002, 11:57 PM
I finally realized that my F**cking mouse has been defective. Every once in a while my mouse would stop working altogether, and then 3 seconds later it would kick back in but the sensitivity would be way off. I was like going from a 44 sensitivity to an 86. On slight move and I would turn around twice. I'm sure the people fragging me during times like this would wonder why the hell I was shooting all wanky. Well I thought it was a pop up that was killing me, or some other virus or program that was interfering with my gaming. Nope, the damn mouse has gone to the dark side. I'm afraid I am going to have to let it go. Today, on Hole, a game with Shogun and alias, my mouse kept cutting out every 45 seconds, and then kicking back in with some hypersensitivity. I couldn't aim worth sh*t. I was disappointed in my performance to begin with let alone have to deal with defective equipment. Thankfully my student loan has just arrived after a looooooong wait, i can get a new mouse. In a game like SS, a mouse is your greatest friend, without a reliable one you simply are crap in the canoe.

p.s. Helluva a game shogun, you flexed your chi on that one. Achieved a state of Zen...I love it, keep it goin.

Ephemerion
Hi Eph. I don't know how much you can spend. But if I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that you get a dual optical mouse. My logitech, two button, scroll wheel mouse works quite well. And if you need some $, let me know. I don't have any kids, I could be your Big Brother. :)

Sirc
11-22-2002, 08:49 AM
Eph - are you saying that your mouse has ALWAYS been bad and you have ALWAYS been playing at a disadvantage? Or just recently? :blink: :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Nov 22 2002, 03:49 AM
Eph - are you saying that your mouse has ALWAYS been bad and you have ALWAYS been playing at a disadvantage? Or just recently? :blink: :D
I hope it's just recently.

Ephemerion
11-22-2002, 04:10 PM
The last two months I have been dealing with this problem. For while it really discouraged me from playing. But now that I know its not some program or virus I will quickly address the problem. *HPC thank-you so much for your offer but I could not ask that of you. i will just consider it my early birthday present.

TheUltimateWarrior
11-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Damn so my wins last week of you
dont count :angry:

Morpheus
11-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Nov 22 2002, 02:27 AM
Thanks Bro! :)
If we would have joined at the same time you would have smoked me even with the mouse problem. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/thumb.gif
I had a mouse problem tonight in another game on Hole where my right mouse button was hung and I have that bound to forward movement. That was real freaky because I could not go backwards at all and I almost won it too. I rebooted and it cleared up.
hey, when any of ur buttons get drunk all u do is double click the button and it resets.

hope i helped to pay back for all the times u helped me. B)

FUS1ON
11-22-2002, 05:03 PM
hope i helped to pay back for all the times u helped me.
Thanks for remembering. :)
I tried that, several times, I think it had something to do with this: I used ASE to connect to a match with 6 of 9 player and got a unresponsive server message and I accidentally told it to force connection.

OUTLAWS CHICO
11-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Damn and I just thought I was getting better against you,dangit.

Strider
11-23-2002, 02:00 AM
eph tonite when we played was your mouse defective then too?