PDA

View Full Version : UT 2003 Roger Wilco? Microsoft Gamevoice?

Pure_Evil
11-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Microsoft Gamevoice with UT 2003? I used it with Ut with great results and I know a lot of clans use it but with UT3 being such a resources PIG I was wondering how the game performed with it. I haven't been able to test it because the players I 've used it with don't play UT3.

Death-Dude
12-02-2002, 03:33 AM
That's something I've wondered about, which will work best with UT2K3. I've used GV a lot with Wolfenstein, and it works pretty well, with only occaisional flutters, like a guy getting dropped or whatnot. I think that was due to something he was doing rather than the prog. I'd get on with GV and try it out sometime if you'd want to.

Pure_Evil
12-02-2002, 12:30 PM
I just might take you up on that. I've got gamevoice but haven't put it on since I re-built my PC. I have Roger Wilco which I run on the old UT. If I can get gamevoice running I'll send you a PM and we'll try it out. Thanks for posting!

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-02-2002, 12:39 PM
Let me know how well it works.

Death-Dude
12-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by rjwales@Dec 2 2002, 12:30 PM
I just might take you up on that. I've got gamevoice but haven't put it on since I re-built my PC. I have Roger Wilco which I run on the old UT. If I can get gamevoice running I'll send you a PM and we'll try it out. Thanks for posting!
I'd like to give it a go, but I don't know about setting up a server for it. In my old clan, we had a GV server running, and our own channels to go into. I think we can just get a pub server as well. It works best on "push-to-talk", so you don't get a lot of reffed, or whatever you would call it. I'll have to change my button, as I use the mouse button I had set for p-t-t for alt-fire now.

Pure_Evil
12-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Dec 2 2002, 01:26 PM
My old clan, WCFD, and myself are testing out Team Speak (www.teamspeak.org)...so far the results are better than Roger Wilco. We've tested it on UT...SS and UT2003 are next.

BTW: Radio Shack had multimedia headphones on sale for $5 (reg $18)
Please keep me up to date on your results. I've heard lots of good things about teamspeak. I posted this on the UT3 sites and most of my feedback leaned towards Teamspeak and Battlecom.