PDA

View Full Version : Mousing Surfaces

FUS1ON
12-06-2002, 01:54 AM
Something that has been bugging me lately is that my mouse seems to be dragging it's feet. I've tried using everything from Cling-Free static towels to Pledge furniture polish on my mousing surface to get that sucker to glide like it once did. Don't laugh, It worked for a while, But wore off. And PLEASE don't tell me you are still using that POS $3 cloth thing from Wal-Mart. It's OK for mom & pops to surf eBay, But it ain't worth a toot for fraggin'!

What ya need is something that glides easy and I'm gonna show you two products that do just that!

The first is Ratpadz LINK (http://www.ratpadz.com/f/index.html)
It's made of a Ultraslick polymer that last and is way larger (9.5" X 11.5") than the normal mouse pad.

FUS1ON
12-06-2002, 01:55 AM
And the second one is Everglide LINK (http://www.everglide.com/)
They offer several different pads that should fix you right up.
This is their GIGANTA (9.5" X 11.5") Optical Smoke model.

FUS1ON
12-06-2002, 01:56 AM
One more thing, If your mouse is telling you "My feet hurt" when there is a fix for that to!
Fragware LINK (http://www.fragware.net/index.php?page=article&id=14)
They sell this Teflon coated tape that you can apply to the feet of your mouse that will get ya sliding again!

Sirc
12-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Cool! Thanks Shogun. I think its time to retire the Compaq mouse that came with my system. It has served me well, but I'd REALLY like to get a good dual optical. That Everglide pad looks like a great companion for an optical mouse. :)

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-06-2002, 02:17 AM
COOL! I could never find a mouse pad that was large enough and had the slick surface. Must buy one!

Troop
12-06-2002, 05:24 AM
Been using the 3M Precise Optical Mousing Surface. But only because the mouse was not reading off the new desk I got.

FUS1ON
12-06-2002, 05:34 AM
I tried just using my desktop (a door on two sawhorses :P ), But the woodgrain makes my pointer jiggle.
These pads seem to have a surface material similar to the 3M only larger.
Troop how long have been using the 3M and how has it held up for you?

Troop
12-06-2002, 05:40 AM
It's been about 3 months now. I agree that the surface area is quite small and it was pricey, but you can't beat 3M technology.

I was a little skeptic on it so I was prepared to bring it back if need be. It was a pleasant surprise though. It works really nice.

Slice
12-06-2002, 05:46 AM
I use no mouse pad. I am as free as my white formica table top, and I love it. :)

OUTLAWS Tip
12-06-2002, 05:58 AM
"I don't use a mousepad. Although those bigger ones look nice. I lost the "feet" off the bottom a while ago.
B)

FUS1ON
12-06-2002, 06:05 AM
Tip the same thing happened to my mouse. Here's what I did to fix it, I cleaned them and the mouse with Isopropyl Alcohol and used superglue to re-attach them. If you don't have them anymore, Just rob some off another mouse.

Pure_Evil
12-06-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Dec 6 2002, 12:58 AM
"I don't use a mousepad. Although those bigger ones look nice. I lost the "feet" off the bottom a while ago.
 B)
Holy Sh*t man. A little too much gaming??

OUTLAWS Tip
12-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Never too much gaming. I'll just get a new table. :-)

Shogun I did try superglueing the feet back on but they came off later anyway. I am used to it now anyway and will just use it the way it is.