PDA

View Full Version : Chat feature

Slice
12-08-2002, 09:10 PM
They should make an option to shut the damn chat off in a game. At least client side. I really don't care what you have to say in a game and I am tired of people talking sh!t while I am trying to play. Then you get the people who want to have a conversation and that is annoying as hell. Come to the forums and chat, or use your messanger program. I don't mean to whine, just needed to vent. :blink:

Sirc
12-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Amen brother! B)

Dan2
12-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Ditto, Slice. I can't even respond to a compliment without getting fragged. ;)

Grimmy
12-08-2002, 09:30 PM
I am not sure if this will do it, I haven't tried it. Check out the pic posted with this post, and try turning it off or to no. Hopefully that is what you are looking for. Let me know if it works B)

Snip3r
12-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Grimmy thats not it, I actually found where it is...It's in the scripts file (Persistant Symbols, near the bottom.) I found it when I was trying to see how the MERCs cheat. B)

Grimmy
12-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 8 2002, 04:32 PM
Grimmy thats not it, I actually found where it is...It's in the scripts file (Persistant Symbols, near the bottom.) I found it when I was trying to see how the MERCs cheat. B)
well I tried brain on overload at the moment. I need a beer!! http://www.godsclan.us/forums/html/emoticons/drink.gif mmm that is better

OUTLAWS high ping camper
12-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Slice@Dec 8 2002, 01:10 PM
They should make an option to shut the damn chat off in a game. At least client side. I really don't care what you have to say in a game and I am tired of people talking sh!t while I am trying to play. Then you get the people who want to have a conversation and that is annoying as hell. Come to the forums and chat, or use your messanger program. I don't mean to whine, just needed to vent. :blink:
Oh waitress...................could you bring some cheese and crackers for my friend Slice.
He'd like some with his whine.
Thank You. :P :D

Snip3r
12-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Slice, go into PersistantSymbols text file in Serious Sam/Scripts/

then scroll down or click find until u find this hud_bShowMessages=(INDEX)1; set that to 0 and u will have chtless games. But u also wont be able to see gg's or u might not be able to type GG. I'm not sure haven't tried it yet. Im screwing around with the settings now