PDA

View Full Version : Historical Email

Death Engineer
12-11-2002, 09:31 PM
I came across this when cleaning out some email today. Check it out...

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:26:27 -0400
From: "Dan Santonocito" <dsantonocito@mercario.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Subject: MERC Newsletter #1
To: <erased>

Welcome to the 1st ever MERC newsletter&#33;

This will be a weekly (hopefully) newsletter letting you know what&#39;s going on in the world of MERC. I&#39;m your host SALvation. Man this has been one busy week for us MERCs. First off, I&#39;m happy to welcome 2 new MERCs: Gun Element & Death Engineer. Congratulations guys, you guys are the cream of the crop and that&#39;s why your here. That brings the total MERC count to 5:

Salvation
Dark Psi
Hellraiser
Gun Element
Death Engineer

We also have an outstanding invitation to Chr0nic. Hopefully he will join soon.

I might as well explain how MERC came about. Dark and I have been playing Sam since the first test of the first edition. All we played was co-op since fragmatch sucked hard in the FE. We were both addicted to FE and we played in nonstop. Then came SE, we played co-op again for the first 2 weeks. Then I decided to try a fragmatch and invited Dark. We haven&#39;t played co-op since. After joining rooms together and kicking everyone&#39;s ass, we decided to add some cool effects to our name and figured we start a clan so people knew we were on a team. Since we own a company called Mercario, we decided on MERC, which is also short for mercenary.

After a month of dominating people, we accepted our first applicant, Hellraiser. We still can&#39;t beat him on Yodeller. Since then we have been going around dominating deathmatch and have been accused of cheating multiple times. I guess that&#39;s what people think when you start posting perfect games (20/30/50 frags and 0 deaths). We are now in the process of expanding and putting our name out there more.

Another big thing that happened this week (today actually) is that we have our own forum on the Seriously&#33; site. That&#39;s right, a forum dedicated to the MERC clan. You can visit the forum here:

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~serioussam/fo...?s=&forumid=245 (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~serioussam/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=245)

Right now the forum is only open to us but should be open to the public soon. You can find it soon under the Community heading of the Seriously&#33; forums. You can reach these forums off of the Croteam website. There are three categories to our forum: General, Challenges, and Showoff. The first two are self explanatory. Showoff is the section dedicated to showing off our wins. Post screenshots of your most humiliating victories. I&#39;m talking games where you DOMINATED. For example I&#39;ll put some there where I had a 27-4 and 26-2 matches. That&#39;s frags/deaths. If you won by less than 10, don&#39;t bother posting. If you had more than 5 deaths, don&#39;t bother. We want to showoff only the best wins we&#39;ve had.

Well, that&#39;s all I have for now. Make sure all of you have the All Seeing Eye available at http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/ and have added us as buddies. We are on at night and on weekends (EST for me and Dark). We&#39;ll see you online&#33;

l8r,

SALvation

SALvation
12-11-2002, 09:46 PM
:ph34r:

What was the date of that email? Ahh...the golden age....

BTW, that email was sent using Mercario technology :D

Death Engineer
12-11-2002, 09:58 PM
Here&#39;s another:

Subject: <<<::_MERC_CLAN_::>>>_Newsletter
From: "Mercario_Email_and_Newsletter_Club" <newsletters@mercario.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:04:48 -0400
To: "dsantonocito@mercario.com" <dsantonocito@mercario.com>

<<<:: MERC CLAN ::>>> NEWSLETTER

Topics in this newsletter:

The two that brought you the MERC CLAN
Come check out our CLAN forum&#33;&#33;

The two that brought you the MERC CLAN

Here we are in all our ugliness. SALvation and I thought it would be cool to show you what we look like.

Here is a picture of us during the EARLY EARLY days of working on our company MERCARIO.

The purple haired guy is one of our developers.

SALvation is saying hello to all you guys.

We will be using this newsletter to schedule any tournaments or matches with other clans so stay posted.

Also any cool information about our clan or special prey we want to hunt will be thrown into this newsletter.

I look way too deep in thought. Must be thinking about kicking Hellraizer&#39;s butt in Yodeller&#33;&#33; ;-)

-Dark Psi

Come check out our CLAN forum&#33;&#33;

Yep we have a clan forum now on the seriously&#33; website..

www.planetserious.com

Just go down to the bottom and check out our forum area.

Post your screenshots, blab about your prey hunting excursions,, blah blah.. just talk about how you kicked everyone&#39;s ass.

Have at it MERCS&#33;&#33;

If you would like to visit our website, please click here.

Death Engineer
12-11-2002, 10:03 PM
And another....

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:53:15 -0400
From: "Dan Santonocito" <dsantonocito@mercario.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
Subject: MERC Newsletter #2
To: <erased>

Welcome to the 2nd edition of the MERC newsletter. As always I am your host SALvation.

Well this has been a pretty busy week for the MERCs. We have welcomed a new member, Chr0nic. We tried to schedule a clan match against UTW but that fell through. The MERC forum is very active with screenshots of domination, and the new 1.07 patch is out.

Some of the emails you get will be normal text and some will be cool HTML. The HTML ones are sent through our company, Mercario and are generally done when we have some free time. Otherwise, you just get exciting text like this.

As far as upgrading to the 1.07 patch, myself, Dark Psi, Hellraizer, and Gun Element are the ones that have done so already that I know of. Go ahead and upgrade as more servers are converting and it is much smoother gameplay.

Some pretty cool news is that we have found a site that ranks every SS fragmatch player out there since the beginning of the game. The site is called cSports and can be found at www.csports.net. Just sign up and you can see where you rank. There are more than 15,000 SS players ranked so far. Here are the rankings as of April 29th:

#375 Dark Psi
#634 SALvation
#646 Hellraizer
#4,444 Gun Element
#8,562 Death Engineer
#8,885 Chr0nic

Don&#39;t worry about being ranked low. When you added the MERC tag to your name, you had to start from the very bottom of the list. As you guys beat people into submission, you will rise fairly quickly.

A new feature is the Prey of the Week.

This week&#39;s prey is Twisted. You can find him by his ugly green text. He is an easy kill but likes to mouth off and accuse MERCs of cheating and camping. You guys know what to do.

On a side note, Dark Psi will be out of commission from May 5th - 15th because that bastard is getting married. I will be out of commission from May 11th-15th because I want to go lose all of my money in Vegas. It is up to you guys to uphold the MERC honor during those days. Have fun and kick ass&#33;

Till next time,

-SALvation

::: DARK PSI :::
12-11-2002, 10:15 PM
I have tears of happiness reading that..

hahahaha

WELCOME BACK DEATH ENGINEER&#33;

Dangerous Dan
12-11-2002, 10:18 PM
that&#39;s before my time :)

how long was Chr0nic a MERC for anyways?

if one of you still has his email, give him a shout :)

Snip3r
12-11-2002, 10:42 PM
I wanna see Sal and Dark&#39;s pic :)

Death Engineer
12-11-2002, 10:44 PM
His email was in that list that erased (to protect the innocent). However, he was only a merc for about a day. Then he just disappeared. We never really did figure out what happened to him. Maybe he was just another merc in disguise. We may never know...

DE

Sirc
12-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey DE&#33; Welcome back dude. :)

Dangerous Dan
12-11-2002, 10:52 PM
I have an idea about what might have happened to chronic... is it possible that he never upgraded to 1.07 form 1.05? for all we know he might still be wondering the 1.05 servers every now and then (not using a MERC tag).

Phoenix
12-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Dec 11 2002, 10:42 PM
I wanna see Sal and Dark&#39;s pic :)
Trust me on this...you dont........ :D

MR. SLiK
12-11-2002, 11:35 PM
I like this part:

"This will be a weekly (hopefully) newsletter"

FASTway
12-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Where&#39;s War Machine&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sirc
12-12-2002, 12:40 AM
I haven&#39;t seen him play in a long time. :(

FASTway
12-12-2002, 12:44 AM
damn

Sacrifice
12-12-2002, 12:50 AM
wheres dark time?

Sacrifice
12-12-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Dec 11 2002, 01:31 PM

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~serioussam/fo...?s=&forumid=245 (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~serioussam/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=245)

this link doesnt work <_<

FASTway
12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Sacrifice@Dec 11 2002, 04:50 PM
wheres dark time?
Darktime went off to play that good although highly inferior game UT2003

Gun Element
12-12-2002, 02:11 AM
Oh man. Those do actually give me tears of the time where the golden age was.

I love all of u. <_< :rolleyes:

Dark Reign
12-12-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Dec 12 2002, 02:11 AM
Oh man. Those do actually give me tears of the time where the golden age was.

I love all of u. <_< :rolleyes:
Even me? :wub:

Gun Element
12-12-2002, 02:27 AM
Especially u :wub: :wub:

(guns last words before he was shot)

Sacrifice
12-12-2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Dec 11 2002, 06:27 PM
i love you dark i want to inpregnate you so badly&#33;&#33;&#33;
whoa