PDA

View Full Version : Beta patch 1.50 for Serious Sam

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-21-2002, 04:23 AM
Just saw this.

Beta patch 1.50 for Serious Sam: The Second Encounter is released (http://www.croteam.com/)

FUS1ON
12-21-2002, 06:33 AM
Beta patch 1.50 for Serious Sam: The Second Encounter is released                 December 20, 2002

Hello!

The patch that is 'almost out' for nearly two months now, is now out in beta form. We have made available a beta version of the patch, so, if you feel brave enough, you can enjoy the benefits of:

*full hardware 3D sound (with EAX) with support for dolby surround 5.1
*optimized rendering (5-20% faster)
*support for occlusion culling
*major improvements to skeletal animations (seen in updated tech-test level)
*support for hardware vertex & pixel shaders (seen in updated tech-test level)
*Parhelia triple-head support (support for three monitors)
*detection of newer graphic cards (ATI Radeon 9700/pro, ATI Radeon 9500/pro, ATI Radeon 9000/pro, NV GeForceFX, Matorx Parhelia, SiS Xabre 600/400/200)
*no more syncbads in multiplay
*recoded demo rec/playback (no sync problems) and more...

The delay was mainly caused by problems in Internet multiplay, and that is the reason for this version still carying the 'Beta' mark. Single play is all green, better than ever, and lan multiplay is doing fine too.

The beta patch is available at Seriously!:

http://files.seriouszone.com/download.php?fileid=577

Send all bug reports to bugs@croteam.com.

Goran Zoricic, Network Programmer
Croteam

Hmmmm, That all sounds fine and dandy, We shall soon see, But what the heck is "Occlusion Culling"? :unsure:

Rivers
12-21-2002, 06:43 AM
Oh man so when is the full patch gonna be released. I think hell just froze over. :P

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Not quite ready yet. Screen jiggles to much and there's only one.....errrr.....two thinks I like jiggling. :P :D :devil:

Drunken Warrior
12-22-2002, 03:39 AM
I tried it and it is worse than 1.07 :( :(

Just my opinion though B)

Strifer
12-30-2002, 07:43 PM
I'm not going to risk iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... (fell from a bridge, when looking at a bird)