PDA

View Full Version : Hosting

Drunken Warrior
12-22-2002, 03:29 AM
Well I tried and tried to get my router to host a SS:SE game to no avail with SeriousRunner or the ingame dedicated server, however I can host an ingame non-dedicated game. I know this has been beat to death but how do you make it not be so laggy? It was playing fine with 3 people but when a fourth joined it got laggy. Here are my specs:

1.7 AMD Athalon XP
512mg PC2100
64mg Geforce 2 Ti (40.72 driver)
20gig 7200 rpm HD
SiS 900 onboard Nic (with current drivers)
DSL: 721kbps down, 693kbps upload speeds
Dlink 604 router

Any help would be great :D

Grimmy
12-22-2002, 03:38 AM
Hmmmm with your bandwidth speeds, I would think that you vshould be able to host more then that, no problem. You have a D-Link router?? I think it was you (sorry I forger easily) that pmed me about it. Hopefully over X-Mas break I will have more time to figure that router stuff out and so that I can host and still have a router. I know it can be done, but if I can't figure it out, I will call D-Link about it and have them walk me through it.

As for your other puter specs, I would say that they are fine. When you did the in game server set up, (in sam, start server) could people see the server on the list or join?? I would think it is just a router setting that isn't allowing your puter to be a server, and that is what is stopping ya.

Hope that helps some. Let me know about that router. I am sure Machine could help ya more too. He is the network mofo and knows all the gizmos and gadgets and all. :santa:

Drunken Warrior
12-22-2002, 03:52 AM
Yes that was me Grimmy, I tried everything I could to get that router to work (DMZ, virtual sever, and opened ports in the firewall ) to no avail. Of course that doesn't mean I did it right :rolleyes:

But in the meantime, I would like to host more than three people on my non-dedicated ingame server and that is the issue I would like help with now :)