PDA

View Full Version : The Ring

Dark Reign
09-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Have you seen an ad for this movie? It looks as f****** weird as you can get. Any idea on what it is?

Phoenix
09-18-2002, 03:51 AM
I haventy even heard of it...

Dark Reign
09-18-2002, 04:02 AM
I just saw a commerical for it. I'll I could think of was WTF!!!!!

Phoenix
09-18-2002, 04:04 AM
hmm, what is it like? Whos in it? Who is directing it? When is it coming out? Am I asking to many questiongs?

Dark Reign
09-18-2002, 04:08 AM
I don't know who is starring, all I'm pretty sure it's a horror flick. It looks creepy.

Phoenix
09-18-2002, 04:11 AM
Do you know when it is coming out though?

Norcon
09-18-2002, 04:12 AM
looks freaky heres the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_ring.html

Dangerous Dan
09-18-2002, 05:06 AM
never heard of it

Pathos
09-18-2002, 09:45 AM
This flick's the THIRD (count 'em) remake of the original flick called Ringu. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time a movie has been remade that many times in as many languages (Japanese, Korean and now English). Needless to say this is indicative of one kick ass flick, with a story so simple and mood so anxious it will have you glued to seat, screen, armrest, and anything else unfortunate enough to come into contact with your persperation - for this is that kind of movie. Early reviews on the american version are promising. Let me just say that if it is ANYTHING like the japanese original it WILL rock you retard.

Without giving anything anyway, I anxiously await hollywoods "interpretation" of the final scenes in the original... suffice to say it was one of the freakiest, best-shot sequences i have ever seen in ANY film. And all on a relatively small budget; long hair has never been so scary.

Sadako is one bad mofo-chick! Check out the original AFTER you see the remake.. i have a feeling all the scenes building up to the ending will be easier for us to digest in the american version (without taking anything away from the originals, the subtitling DOES "remove" you somewhat) , but somehow doubt the ending will be up to scratch (where no words are needed).

Incidentally there are already 2 sequels to the original. Ring 2 and Ring 0 (a prequel). The former is a major letdown and the latter has not yet hit Australia.. you guys prob have it over there, though. BASTARDS! ;)

Hmm. Rant over. <wipes brow> By way of sad explanation, I run some video stores - this is my thing! And i apologise. <chuckle>

Pathos
09-18-2002, 09:58 AM
[quote:a36f75d630="Phoenix"]hmm, what is it like? Whos in it? Who is directing it? When is it coming out? Am I asking to many questiongs?[/quote:a36f75d630]
Phoenix here is a brief synopsis as it appears in the trailer (so i'm not spoiling anything):

There is a video. If you watch it, in 7 days you will die.

That's it. Sweeeeeeet..... <ad lib to fade> According to my staff not one customer who has had that oh so in depth plot explained to them has left the store without it. <chuckle>

No one you'd know is directing (some guy called Verbinksi - only thing of note in his repertoire is, alas, The Mexican), but don't let that stop you.

Go see it. I'll want a report once you're home and have showered off the sweat. (Man, i'm building this up too much - you'll all HATE it now!)

Dark Reign
09-18-2002, 01:04 PM
WOW, thanks for the info Pathos. The trailer is even straner and creepier then the tv ad. I'm going to go see it when it come out

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Wow... that movie does look freaky. I never watch tv - so I'm always missing movie previews, etc.
It's been a while since I've seen a decent horror flick. I would say... take me back to the 80's - tons of horror - but *sigh* Looking back on them now - they all seem cheezy. hehe I think this weekend I'll bust out my Day of the Dead - Dawn of the Dead, etc.. and reminisce.

Phoenix
09-18-2002, 02:53 PM
[quote:600195fdb3="Pathos DOA"][quote:600195fdb3="Phoenix"]hmm, what is it like? Whos in it? Who is directing it? When is it coming out? Am I asking to many questiongs?[/quote:600195fdb3]
Phoenix here is a brief synopsis as it appears in the trailer (so i'm not spoiling anything):

There is a video. If you watch it, in 7 days you will die.

That's it. Sweeeeeeet..... <ad lib to fade> According to my staff not one customer who has had that oh so in depth plot explained to them has left the store without it. <chuckle>

No one you'd know is directing (some guy called Verbinksi - only thing of note in his repertoire is, alas, The Mexican), but don't let that stop you.

Go see it. I'll want a report once you're home and have showered off the sweat. (Man, i'm building this up too much - you'll all HATE it now!)[/quote:600195fdb3]

Cool! Thanks for the info. It Sounds interesting. :mrgreen:

Dangerous Dan
09-18-2002, 03:03 PM
cool

09-18-2002, 03:03 PM
go to school dan!

Dangerous Dan
09-18-2002, 03:07 PM
i have A block off :P