PDA

View Full Version : New Keyboard and Mouse

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Thought I'd try this wireless stuff out. I'll let you know what I think after I install it. Will probably be this weekend. :P

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-24-2002, 01:53 AM
Which did you get? Logitech?

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-24-2002, 02:46 AM
Gee, I thought putting that in the title would be enough... :P :D

Microsoft Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth....

Pretty blue wireless keyboard and wireless mouse using Bluetooth.

Sirc
12-24-2002, 02:56 AM
What is Bluetooth?

FUS1ON
12-24-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Dec 23 2002, 08:56 PM
What is Bluetooth?
I wasn't exactly sure how to explain it myself so I did a little looking around and found out this technology has some great potential.

When Bluetooth wireless technology connects devices to each other, they become "paired." Device pairings are constantly evolving, simplifying familiar tasks and developing new possibilities. Your wireless headset connects to the mobile phone in your briefcase. Your handheld automatically synchronizes with your personal computer when you walk in the office. Your mobile phone, handheld, and personal computer all share the same address book, schedule, and to-do list.

And this is just the beginning. Bluetooth Wireless Technology is now poised to enhance industrial automation, expand gaming possibilities and propel delivery-tracking innovation. A Bluetooth pen, a Bluetooth briefcase, a Bluetooth refrigerator - not only possible, but inevitable and real with Bluetooth Wireless Technology.

Here is their website to learn more LINK (http://www.bluetooth.com/)

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-24-2002, 12:02 PM
You tried it yet man?

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-24-2002, 04:43 PM
No, not yet. Having Christmas with Grandkids on Thursday. Want to open it with them.

Supposed to be able to connect up to 7 devices with this thing. Don't have any to test and may not for awhile.

I'm really curious about things like, will BIOS get a keyboard error at boot time? Will I be able to get to bios with this keyboard or will I need to have one to plug in for this.

This could be fun...

Sirc
12-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Cool! Thanks Shogun! :)

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-27-2002, 04:24 AM
Well, I've got the keyboard and mouse installed. Preliminary impressions, serious gamers will not like it. There is definately a delay. Especially with both mouse and keyboard being wireless.

The install went smoothly enough. You have to install the software first, before you disconnect your existing keyboard and mouse. Does some kind of scan, requires some action to confirm, like typing a number with the keyboard and clicking on a lock icon with the mouse. Then you can disconnect your wired keyboard and mouse.

It does work though. And for me, I'm not that good anyway, I'm going to keep it for at least this weekend. Hopefully, I can get some serious gaming in to really test it out. Hehehe, like I'm capable of stressing them.

OUTLAWS Behind You?
12-29-2002, 06:00 AM
An update: Out of curiousity, I plugged my old MS Intellimouse Exployer into a USB port on my Hercules Game Theater and low and behold, the system saw it, installed it and started using it along with the Bluetooth mouse. So now I have both attached and active. To switch, I set one aside and start using the other.

And I may have been premature with my "serious gamers won't like it." The more I use it, the more I like not having a wire limiting my movement, just a desk... :thumbs: I guess like most things, it takes a little time to get used to.

Oh, I decided to get this over Logitech because of a review I watched on Fresh Gear on the TechTV channel. They actually recommended it for gamers.

OUTLAWS DirtGod
01-06-2003, 04:20 PM
I had the keyboard my only problem is the xp only thing with bluetooth.....i run win2k also and from what read it would not work anyway im glad you like it bawling

SALvation
01-06-2003, 04:45 PM
The gamers mouse is the Logitech MX700. It is cordless also but uses RF signals. It is just as fast as a wired mouse. I've never tried the MS setup but the blue looks cool :D

OUTLAWS Behind You?
01-07-2003, 12:52 AM
I've been playing with both the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It seems to be working for me at least. But then, I'm not as demanding as others might be.