PDA

View Full Version : I Got The Linux Version Of Quake 3 Arena...

Crism
12-26-2002, 11:39 PM
it says on the box to download the Windows point release which i did...do i install that before the game? then it says to

"Copy the pak0.pk3 file from the CD's baseq3 directory into the baseq3 directory of your Quake III installation"

I have to "mount" the CD before i can install it...i'm no linux geek, what the hell do i do?

Diablo
12-27-2002, 06:55 AM
I have the exacr same thing Crism and i dont know what to do either :(

Crism
12-27-2002, 02:43 PM
ok...i got it...you have to download the Windows Point Release 1.32 from www.quake3arena.com and install that...then go into the game cd and copy the pak0.pk3 file from baseq3 directory of the cd to the baseq3 directory in program files/Quake III Arena/baseq3 paste and run the game (you don't need the cd) make a shortcut from the quake3 file in the quake 3 arena directroy in program files to the desktop...run the game, input the cd key and play!

DeathPenguin
12-29-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Crism@Dec 26 2002, 11:39 PM
it says on the box to download the Windows point release which i did...do i install that before the game? then it says to

"Copy the pak0.pk3 file from the CD's baseq3 directory into the baseq3 directory of your Quake III installation"

I have to "mount" the CD before i can install it...i'm no linux geek, what the hell do i do?
Usually your graphical desktop will have a link to the CD-ROM. If this is the case, right click on it and select "mount." If that option is unavailable, try typing mount /mnt/cdrom at the command prompt.

Don't get the Windows point release. Get the Linux point release from ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/linux/ and run that instead. It will create a link and everything for you (Provided you have proper permission). By default, the game will go to /usr/local/games/quake3/ and the link will be placed in /usr/local/bin .

After you run the point release, then put the pak0.pk3 file from the CD's baseq3 directory into the baseq3 directory of your Quake 3 installation.

FUS1ON
12-29-2002, 08:13 PM
This site has some info that might help. LINK (http://gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Sections)

Strifer
12-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Boy it just keeps getting better and better.

DeathPenguin
12-31-2002, 02:09 AM
Explain...