12-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Grab the demo here. Very cool FPS, Me likey! :thumbs:

http://www.vietcong-game.com/

Dissectional
12-29-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Dec 28 2002, 06:54 PM
Grab the demo here. Very cool FPS, Me likey! :thumbs:

I thought it sucked. I still have it somewhere, just didn't think it was that good. Would rather play Doom than that.

Slice
12-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by =MH=Dissectional+Dec 28 2002, 07:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (=MH=Dissectional @ Dec 28 2002, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Dec 28 2002, 06:54 PM
Grab the demo here. &nbsp;Very cool FPS, Me likey&#33; &nbsp;:thumbs:

I thought it sucked. I still have it somewhere, just didn&#39;t think it was that good. Would rather play Doom than that. [/b][/quote]
Well it is not a Quake type or Sam type game. I like the real feel to the game. Real weapons and scenery. It is fun hiding in the rocks and picking people off with the sniper rifle. It is definately a campers heaven.

»°ßåD«
12-29-2002, 12:49 AM
is it the multi player demo? http://home.online.no/~johmoe/smilies/dunno.gif

FUS1ON
12-29-2002, 02:11 AM
Slice the game sounds like a blast to play&#33;
I liked all the versions of Delta Force and this game looks and seems simuliar to it, EXCEPT for this part:

100% Action - Defend yourself from the onslaught of enemy attacks, with the destructive power of an under-sling helicopter gun, a heavy gun set on the rear of a jeep, or from the tranquility of a boat powering up the river.

That mode of play sounds way cool&#33; :thumbs:

Slice
12-29-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Dec 28 2002, 09:11 PM
Slice the game sounds like a blast to play&#33;
I liked all the versions of Delta Force and this game looks and seems simuliar to it, EXCEPT for this part:

100% Action - Defend yourself from the onslaught of enemy attacks, with the destructive power of an under-sling helicopter gun, a heavy gun set on the rear of a jeep, or from the tranquility of a boat powering up the river.

That mode of play sounds way cool&#33; :thumbs:
I can&#39;t stop playing it. :woot: Yeah it is much fun, unfortunately they don&#39;t offer vehicles of any kind in the demo.

Dissectional
12-29-2002, 03:26 AM
Slice, you are right, it is neither. But I figured that they would put the Halflife engine to better use. If I want to play a game like this, I play Socom, or Ghost Recon. I think, that in all it&#39;s effort, it will become a DM type game, and people will forget the whole hide and seek aspect of the game. I&#39;m not trying to be an a&#036;&#036;, I don&#39;t make games, I just think it was a pretty weak offering.

Slice
12-29-2002, 05:56 AM
Here is a screenshot from Vietcong demo. There is still a few bugs to be worked out of the game, but they already have a patch for the demo, and are working on a second one now. :)

MR. SLiK
12-29-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Dec 28 2002, 09:56 PM
Here is a screenshot from Vietcong demo. There is still a few bugs to be worked out of the game, but they already have a patch for the demo, and are working on a second one now. :)
I was playing that, didnt run to well on my other computer. I couldnt figure out how to drop a weapon. It wasnt in the controls menu... And I was getting shot from somewhere and I didnt know where they were :wacko:

Most of the time I was fighting with pistol. I did manage to kill someone and get the shotgun... ooooh boy was that sweet, then i died :P

Slice
12-29-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK+Dec 29 2002, 12:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MR. SLiK @ Dec 29 2002, 12:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Dec 28 2002, 09:56 PM
Here is a screenshot from Vietcong demo. &nbsp;There is still a few bugs to be worked out of the game, but they already have a patch for the demo, and are working on a second one now. &nbsp;:)
I was playing that, didnt run to well on my other computer. I couldnt figure out how to drop a weapon. It wasnt in the controls menu... And I was getting shot from somewhere and I didnt know where they were :wacko:

Most of the time I was fighting with pistol. I did manage to kill someone and get the shotgun... ooooh boy was that sweet, then i died :P [/b][/quote]
Get the patch and play. It is much easier to find weapons now, because they put them in open crates. Before they were just laying on the ground and it was hard to find them. To drop a weapon is the G key. To pick one up is Enter key. To use your site is right mouse button. To crouch is shift key, to lay down on ground is Ctrl key.

MR. SLiK
12-29-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Dec 28 2002, 10:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Dec 28 2002, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -MR. SLiK@Dec 29 2002, 12:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Dec 28 2002, 09:56 PM
Here is a screenshot from Vietcong demo. *There is still a few bugs to be worked out of the game, but they already have a patch for the demo, and are working on a second one now. *:)

Most of the time I was fighting with pistol. I did manage to kill someone and get the shotgun... ooooh boy was that sweet, then i died :P
Get the patch and play. It is much easier to find weapons now, because they put them in open crates. Before they were just laying on the ground and it was hard to find them. To drop a weapon is the G key. To pick one up is Enter key. To use your site is right mouse button. To crouch is shift key, to lay down on ground is Ctrl key. [/b][/quote]
Ok im donwloading them on this comp now

MR. SLiK
12-29-2002, 06:56 AM
If your here slice, ill play with ya now.

OUTLAWS The Machine
12-29-2002, 03:46 PM
MIght have to give it a try.

Slice
12-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Dec 29 2002, 01:56 AM
If your here slice, ill play with ya now.
Sorry Slik I went to bed because it was 2 am here. I am gonna play later today after Miami game. :)

Mr Clean
12-30-2002, 05:15 PM
After that Miami game I&#39;ll bet your ready to shoot something... :D

Strifer
12-30-2002, 06:36 PM
I think I&#39;ll pass on that. Too many war games.

Slice
12-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Dec 30 2002, 12:15 PM
Ya tell me about it. What a lame ass way to end the season. Dam Patriots, always getting their ass saved by the kicker.

Strifer
12-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Slice+Dec 30 2002, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Dec 30 2002, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@Dec 30 2002, 12:15 PM
Ya tell me about it. What a lame ass way to end the season. Dam Patriots, always getting their ass saved by the kicker. [/b][/quote]
Once it could end in a different way... but no, Good guy kicks bad guys asses. Then :drink: and :ph34r:

Falcor
01-04-2003, 03:44 PM
I tried this game and so far am having fun with it. My only peeve is that this game has totally erratic shot damage values. One time I can one shot kill a guy in the head, next time with same gun it takes 6 shot&#39;s at closer range, total crap. Yes all 6 shot&#39;s hit him in the head I watched the blood splatter, this guy was laying on the ground right in front of me and didn&#39;t even shoot back. At first I thought and did prove to myself it was partly because of my poor aim while learning how to play, but repeated incidents like the aforementioned head shot discrepancy keep happening to me. All in all if they fix that problem this game rocks.

Justncredible
01-04-2003, 04:04 PM
hmmm snip and me have been playing too,,,,, we rule CTF,,,, did not much like the DM tho,,, the patched only fixed the grenade throwing bug,,, not the sounds and host of other issues with it,,,,, has some potenail tho I liked it alot,,,, now I am in BF1942 heaven,,,, nothing better than 50 players and I get the flag and score,,,, or 64 players and I get a control point in conquest..... and the desert mod is way better than veitcong,,,, humvees, warthogs, f16&#39;s, mig29&#39;s, apaches,,, abrams m1 tanks... :wootrock:

»°ßåD«
01-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey,

I plays this game and i think it&#39;s awesome &#33;&#33;&#33; :D

But one thing i need to know is to ......how to give commands and how do you talk?

i&#39;ve played and i don&#39;t know (and loads i have) :rolleyes:

if you want a game pm me :)

Thanks

L8ers
Isaac :jammin: