PDA

View Full Version : IRC channel?

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Is there - or is there gonna be an IRC channel for GameMecca? or does anyone even use IRC here?

We're on irc.enterthegame.net #rdh :)

HAMMER
09-18-2002, 03:51 PM
That sounds like a volunteer! Did anybody else hear her volunteer? I did!!!

Hehe...

Please oh please wondrous DarkLady, would you do us the honor of setting something up? And fill the retards among us in on how to use?

I have never even looked at IRC, but it sounds like something we need.

AnaKin
09-18-2002, 03:53 PM
dude, its freaking simple.... I will make you one only if I am allowed to be the moderator of it....

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-18-2002, 03:54 PM
LoL Well.. I'm fairly new to IRC myself... but a lot of clans use it - and I've become an idler 24/7. :D

But sure - I love helping out - and love things that keep me busy - so I'll look into it! It's just a matter of what server you would like it to be on.. gamesnet .. enterthegame.. etc?

HAMMER
09-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Gamesnet sounds cool...almost fits :)

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-18-2002, 04:13 PM
I was asked if I was a leader - LoL

Support for gamesnet requests that the leader post something in the News section - so they know I have the rights to register a channel for GameMecca

If you can do this - thanks! :)

HAMMER
09-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Link me?

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-18-2002, 04:41 PM
The news section on this site... :)

When he opens the home page.. it goes to news.
If you can just post something in the news about the upcoming IRC channel - being set up by me. That would do it. You could then delete it - once it's done. If not - I can reg a channel on enterthegame less red tape - but likely to have more connection issues with it.

Thanks!

[RDH]NEOWOLF[KA]
09-18-2002, 04:56 PM
hey hey darklady in the house :) well i don't know how to use it either just how to get there lol

[RDH]DarkLadyT[B]
09-19-2002, 01:25 PM
^bump^ :D

Though - maybe we could get a raise of hands on who would really "like" to have an IRC channel or could really care less. Especially if a chat room for the site is in the works.

Justncredible
09-19-2002, 01:34 PM
i use mric, I am very new to it,,, and it took me awhile to figure out the channel thing, and it would give us a chat room, I will send grimmy over he is a GODS with this stuff.......... :?

TheUltimateWarrior
09-19-2002, 01:37 PM
i used that too
it would be nice chatting live with u guys
i would install mirc again

Justncredible
09-19-2002, 01:50 PM
i sent grimmy a pm,,, he has set up chats before so he migh know the best way.. :?:

Dangerous Dan
09-19-2002, 02:25 PM
irc would be cool :D

Mr Clean
09-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Help out poor little me here. What is IRC? I'm assuming it's not an Indy Racing Car.....

poncE|420
09-19-2002, 04:12 PM
i use mirc nonamescript. i used to be in a wolfenstein clan and alot of the talking was done through irc. ;) hope you guys get this going, would love to talk to you guys live ;)

Grimmy
09-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Ok I am here Just.

I don't know anything about IRC. I have used it once, not knowing what the hell I was doing LMAO

As for a chatroom, I read in another post something about myphpchat. I have d/l-ed the scripts and trying to install it now. Fortunately I am new to installing scripts and that good stuff, and I don't know much about mySQL (which it requires) and myphpadmin, but I am working on it. I am stuck right now, for I get the error message saying that I can't access the database and I have the sys admin helping me out. I just wish he would install it heheh but I would like to try doing it myself.

Once I get that going, I will let ya all look at it and if you like it, maybe I could help install it there. Not sure how secure IRC chat is, but if you have your own script and CHMOD the proper files to the right access to users, it is secure.