PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this?

HAMMER
12-31-2002, 02:41 PM
Why in the hell do they make a game as stunningly awesome as Final Fantasy X and make in 1 player only? WTF? How hard would it have been to make it 2 players?

Gay I tell ya....GAY!

Strifer
12-31-2002, 02:48 PM
Your question is kinda stupid.
Imagine... You won't be able to play further without a buddy. You would argue...
There is too much against that idea. Never has an RPG had 2-player mode. At least those good ones.

Though you can pay Squaresoft many million dolars and they COULD probably devise a 2-player mode for you. Many good RPG's would be still in production if they were implementing 2-player mode in each of these games.

RPG has only two types.

Single-player.
Multi-player.
These two types can often be combined, but the only thing that conects them in one title is the game system, graphics and title.

If I'm mistaken, sorry.

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 03:06 PM
Ah Hammer, the eternal question....

In my opinion turned based RPG's should only be one player.
I don't want anyone influencing my decisions, screwing up in battle, or trying to take more than their share of the loot. Especially after playing for about 3 or more hours without a save, then fighting a surprise battle with a boss..

And a game as grand as FFX deserves a more intimate relation with single character.

And if that doesn't sound gay, I don't know what does.. :lol: :ooo:

Strifer
12-31-2002, 03:10 PM
Besides, making a 2-player mode would be a hassle and it would require drastic changes in the game. It just wouldn't be the same...

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Dec 31 2002, 10:10 AM
Besides, making a 2-player mode would be a hassle and it would require drastic changes in the game. It just wouldn't be the same...
Yep. Also, Square does a really good job of developing characters in the game, especially the protagonist.
So, you 'feel' like you ARE the hero, and that just can't be done with more than 1 player.

::: DARK PSI :::
12-31-2002, 03:59 PM
Final Fantasy X is a good game, but is way too linear for my tastes. Sorry this is not on subject, but I just wanted to say it. :)

Oh that and there are way too many Japanese references. Am I not supposed to be in an alternate world? :angel:

Strifer
12-31-2002, 04:07 PM
Maybe, but the storyline is so superb you don't actually notice that it's linear. Hopefully Square can make Ff XV fully unlinear.

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Dec 31 2002, 11:07 AM
Maybe, but the storyline is so superb you don't actually notice that it's linear. Hopefully Square can make FFXV fully unlinear.
FFXV will be a pill that you take with a bottle of Yoo Hoo. You will then BECOME the game.

Has anyone seen the David Cronenberg movie 'eXistance'?

SEE THAT MOVIE! Every console gamer should see that movie...find out what the future holds...

HAMMER
12-31-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Dec 31 2002, 08:48 AM
Your question is kinda stupid.
Imagine... You won't be able to play further without a buddy. You would argue...
There is too much against that idea. Never has an RPG had 2-player mode. At least those good ones.

Though you can pay Squaresoft many million dolars and they COULD probably devise a 2-player mode for you. Many good RPG's would be still in production if they were implementing 2-player mode in each of these games.

RPG has only two types.

Single-player.
Multi-player.
These two types can often be combined, but the only thing that conects them in one title is the game system, graphics and title.

If I'm mistaken, sorry.
Your response is kinda stupid.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is one of, if not THE best RPG going today, and has a superb 2 player interface, which allows the players explore as a party. 90% of RPG's are party based, so it would only make sense to have multiplayer capabilities.

Now, I wonder how my question was stupid?

"Never has an RPG had a 2-player mode."

Um....huh? There are tons of RPG's on the PC that do quite well with 2-player.

Sorry for my stupid question. I won't post any more stupid questions.

Slash
12-31-2002, 04:21 PM
Yea Hammer- you dumb ass! :P :lol:

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 04:30 PM
:rofl:

The RPG genre is just getting so convoluted these days. I remember when the only RPG you could get was a single player turned based one. Now with the rendered back grounds and the 3D environments and better machines, we are seeing the muliplayer RPG's with total interaction in battle. Either way, I think that the RPG genre is the best there is.

Strifer
12-31-2002, 04:36 PM
If I'm mistaken, sorry.

I played Baldurs Gate only once and I hate it. It doesn't fit my likes.

If you could actually read my whole post, you would notice that I stated in the last line that "if I'm mistaken I'm sorry". Hovewer posting that your question was stupid is... (guess what) stupid.

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers...

I hope you won't come to my home and hammer me to death for my lack of inteligence.

Still haven't eaten that candybar. :ooo:

Strifer
12-31-2002, 04:49 PM
FFVX will be a pill that you take with a bottle of Yoo Hoo.

Heh, Diss I don't care about grammar mistakes, but you just wrote "FF 5 will be a pill that you take with a bottle of Yoo Hoo."

No offense...

HAMMER
12-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Strifer, you're a dumbass.

...if I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.

Strifer
12-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER@Dec 31 2002, 09:05 PM
Strifer, you're a dumbass.

...if I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.
You ARE close... but make it opposite.

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Dec 31 2002, 11:49 AM

FFVX will be a pill that you take with a bottle of Yoo Hoo.

Heh, Diss I don't care about grammar mistakes, but you just wrote "FF 5 will be a pill that you take with a bottle of Yoo Hoo."

No offense...
No I didn't... :angel:

Ha! I fixed it... :thumbs:

Strifer
12-31-2002, 09:23 PM
You did, don't lie... Aw, to hell with it...
I think I'm gonna have a long, good friendship with Hammer (Is he always like that? Don't tell me... Another fan of Pat Cool).

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 09:25 PM
I did... :(

I ran out of fingers and they frown on me for taking my shoes off at work.

My feet stink.

Dissectional
12-31-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Strifer@Dec 31 2002, 04:23 PM
I think I'm gonna have a long, good friendship with Hammer
Sounds like it. You should open a bottle of champaign to commemorate the occasion.

Who is Pat Cool?

Gun Element
12-31-2002, 10:39 PM
I understand that FFX is only a one player game. But now that the online thingy is out its going to be multi player probably from now on.

Like FF 11 its all multi.

Strifer
12-31-2002, 10:55 PM
Dunnio, Diss. Ask Phoenix, they had a (Gay) photo adventure of him.

Final Fantasy Ownz (Played 4, 5, 6, 8)!!!

Hobbes
12-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER@Dec 31 2002, 06:19 AM
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is one of, if not THE best RPG going today, and has a superb 2 player interface, which allows the players explore as a party. 90% of RPG's are party based, so it would only make sense to have multiplayer capabilities.
I thought Dark Alliance wasn't even an rpg but and action-adventure type thing more akin to Gauntlet Legends than Final Fantasy?

Anyway. It would take a lot of extra effort and money to design a console rpg with cooperative capabilities, and there&#39;s hardly any demand for it so I doubt they&#39;d bother any time soon. You&#39;ll have to go grab an emulator and play Secret of Mana if you want a good co-op rpg. <_<

SIFI
12-31-2002, 11:27 PM
hammer said 2 player MODE meaning you dont have to play with to players. it would be win win to have both. the players the like to fly solo win and the players that like to play with a friend win also

Hobbes
12-31-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Sifi Sam@Dec 31 2002, 01:27 PM
hammer said 2 player MODE meaning you dont have to play with to players. it would be win win to have both. the players the like to fly solo win and the players that like to play with a friend win also
Err, that&#39;s what I was talking about. Extra time and money to develop an option to have a 2nd player.

Morpheus
01-01-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Dec 31 2002, 10:59 AM
Oh that and there are way too many Japanese references. Am I not supposed to be in an alternate world? :angel:
Sorry, you&#39;re supposed to be japanese. next time read the System Requirements man&#33; :lol: :P

666vicious666
01-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Just be patien Hammer FFXI will be comming out soon and it will ber all on-line so you and your many life partners can have all the gay sex you want. :P

Rivers
01-03-2003, 02:42 AM
I have yet to try a MMRPG like everyquest and the upcoming Final Fantasy XI Online but I hear mixed reivews. They all agree that they eat up your time but some dedicated older rpg people still prefer the 1 player get your party and go through the game experiance while some are jumping on this new bandwagon. Multiplayer RPG have been around a little like 1993&#39;s Secret of Mana had 3 players (if you wanted) and was a kick ass system for multi or single player. You can actually have 2 people playing during FFIX as well but the second player can only play during battle. The same thing with the PSX remake of FFIV in Final Fantasy Chronicals. If you want more multiplayer RPG you won&#39;t have to look far seeing as how there seems to be many in development or out already. Final Fantasy XII is rumored to have a single player mode and an on-line mode supposedly but that is still just a rumor nothing set in stone. It all depends on your tates and a matter of opinion. B)