PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me please!

Diablo
01-07-2003, 06:18 PM
I got a windows 98 se and one day i left it on stand by the whole night next thing i know wheni turn it off and turn it back on it was ina thing called "Safe mode" and i dont know how to turn it off and when i try to make my resolution like higher tio see more stuff it says "Restarty your computer for these changes to make correct" And i do and it doesnt do anything i know its something when i start it up and i press like f5 or something but i cant get it i know all you compo wizzes out there will help me?...And i tried to turn off the restart the display thing and it still dont work :(...please someone help!!!! bawling bandhead

OUTLAWS The Machine
01-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. Is it F5 or F8? I never can remember and just start pushing that whole row F5-F8 when booting. It should give the option to boot normally then.

Diablo
01-07-2003, 06:22 PM
I know i tried that and the thing wont pop-up it keeps making a " BEEP!" sound when i press all of them in my USB it makes a loud "BEEP!" Sound i just need this fixed it cost me alot :'(

FUS1ON
01-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Pressing the F8 key right after the post screen boots to and DOS screen that gives you the option (#3) to boot into safe mode. When windows boots into safe mode it doesn't load the drivers for your hardware, So that's why you can't change from the 640x480 @ 16 colors. To shut down or reboot out of safe mode is the same process as it is normally, Start, Shutdown, etc ..... If you tell it to restart it should back into normal windows mode.

OUTLAWS Behind You?
01-08-2003, 02:30 AM
I think with Win98 SE, you can also hold the CTRL down right after post to get the boot selection screen. However, it should boot into normal mode after a shutdown.

Let us know what happens.

Death-Dude
01-08-2003, 03:43 AM
I think F5 will take you directly to Safe Mode, while F8 takes you to the options. For resetting your resolution without rebooting, go to Display Properties, Settings, advanced, and choose 'change without restarting'. You'll still have to reboot that time, but it should be on the fly thereafter. Otherwise, as these gents have said, shutdown and let it boot normally to get back to Win98.

Diablo
01-08-2003, 08:09 PM
ok ill try that....But one time it said restart to appl chnges and i did to make it not restart for changes and it still does it bawling so this is realy making me mad i will try to hit f8 right after the hp sign goes off :)..Thanks guys i will let you know wht happens :)

FUS1ON
01-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Diablo@Jan 8 2003, 02:09 PM
i will try to hit f8 right after the hp sign goes off :)
That might be too late. I would try sooner than that or either use the CTRL key method like Behind You? said.