PDA

View Full Version : Quake hosting ?

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Is there way to rotate through the maps without stopping and changing?

Nightflier
01-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by WHOCARES@Jan 8 2003, 02:55 PM
Is there way to rotate through the maps without stopping and changing?
Good question... I believe so. Are you going to try and run a server? I need to run out for about and hour, but will be back soon.

Slik???

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-08-2003, 11:03 PM
I was just hosting a game and at I had to play on the same board for all the gaes.
That sucked. I did manage to win a few of them though.

MR. SLiK
01-08-2003, 11:47 PM
I havent done this in a while, but I think I remember. There was a place that I read that explained how to do this. You have to make a cfg file.

So go to notepad and type in a bunch of map names like this:

\map q3dm7
\map q3dm1
\map q3dm2

etc..

after you have done that save it as maprotation.cfg or something in your baseq3 folder. Then go into quake3, bring down the console and type \exec maprotation and then you should go through all the maps you put in. Im not quite sure about this though since I vaguely remember.

Also if you want to save your controls (configs), do this \writeconfig name and to enable it each time do \exec name. So if someone changed my controllers, all I would have to do is \exec name and it brings them all back. Hope that helps.

MR. SLiK
01-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Ok i tried it it doesnt work, try looking on quake3world.com

FUS1ON
01-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Hey SLiK you were very close on the commands, The slash was the wrong way. You need to use this /map q3dm7, instead of \map q3dm7 LINK (http://www.gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=1)
Here's some more Q3 Server NFO guides. LINK (http://www.gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=1)

MR. SLiK
01-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Actually the slash has to be '" \ ". Maybe for the server config it has to be different... but if your in the game its always " \ " for all other commands. Cause I always use it to load diff maps without having to leave arena all the time.

MR. SLiK
01-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Actually both work. I just tested them both. I guess they changed it in one of the future patches. Cause I remember one time accidently doing /map and it said invalid command.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Ok So I map a .cfg file with the map names
Then save in the base folder.
Then in the console I type / excu maprotation?