PDA

View Full Version : SS v1.50 question

FUS1ON
01-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know if in the v1.50 patch if they have fixed the problem with the custom DM maps rotating correctly yet or not?
Have you all tested this yet?
They rotated correctly in FE v1.05 and SE v1.05, but not SE v1.07.

SASQUATCH
01-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Good Question. :dunno:

Slash
01-12-2003, 06:53 PM
The rest of it is so unplayable that I forgot about that.

Goober
01-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Another question would be, do the player slots get filled up by people trying to join the game that don't have the custom maps? I would imagine this would still be a problem. Which sucks because I liked the custom maps being on server. Nothing worse than hosting a server and no one can join because some idiot without the map tried to join 16 times and filled up all the slots.

FUS1ON
01-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Goober, Yours and my question are actually the same question, Just worded differently. I've typed it out explaining why this happens so many times in the past that I just didn't feel like doing it again. I'm with you, It would be nice to know if it was fixed though, Because I like some of the custom maps also. ;)

Goober
01-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I will fire up a server (with serious runner) later on and try to join it with my other computer which doesn't have any custom maps on it and see. Shouldn't take long to find out after that.

FUS1ON
01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
Thanks Goober, I really curious to know. ;)

Goober
01-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Well dang....I renamed my beta version folder to Croteam and named my regular folder to 1.07 so that Serious Runner would use the right version....I had started Serious Runner right before I did that to make sure it was working and it was.......Now when I try to start the server Serious Runner gives me this message.
Path not found
I copied all of my maps to the version 1.05 folder
I wonder if I should just reload serious runner

Goober
01-13-2003, 10:49 PM
OK....I gave up on serious runner....may or may not work with the beta version. I did start a server, regular and dedicated....I installed 1.50 on my other computer fired it up made sure I didn't have any custom maps installed. I tried to join the server, I had it set for 4 players, when I tried to join the 5th time it told me server full.It did this for both settings, so I guess we still have the same problem as before. .

FUS1ON
01-14-2003, 12:47 AM
Goober, Thank you for finding out for us! :thumbs:
Well thats sucks! I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they haven't really fixed anything we are concerned about. :rolleyes:
Oh i'm sorry, I'm wrong they did fix something to do with the sounds. Please! :rolleyes:
I'd still like to know what the heck "Occlusion Culling" is.

Goober
01-14-2003, 12:04 PM
From Toms Hardware Guide

Occlusion Culling

Small words (kind of), big effect. Occlusion culling is a feature that optimizes the rendering of 3D scenes. If an object in a scene is blocked by another object, it would be a great waste of GPU-time (and bandwidth) to nonetheless render this blocked object. Besides needlessly increasing the triangle count of a scene, the (invisible) object would also need to be textured or have pixel shader effects applied to it. To reduce this waste (overdraw), both ATi and NVIDIA have developed techniques to detect these hidden objects and exclude them from the rendering process.

And I still don't know what it means :WTF: