PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one Bitterly Annoyed at FFX-2??

Burn the Witch
01-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Star Wars. Classic in most peoples opinion, now, when it was announced they were making Episode 1, I bet most of you were overjoyed, however, how about after you saw it? Did you not think it tarnished the Star Wars slate?

So far each Final Fantasy has got better (except X which the majority of Western Gamers considered as a step backwards, including me, I didnt think it was that great, bit of a let down.) We all know VII is the classic and no other FF has come close to VII (of course you are entitled to your own opinion of course).

FFX-2 is the beginning of the end, I think, those of you who played to the end know what happens, just because FFX sold so well they want to cash in on it? Most probably you have read the basic plot. You know this screws with the entire plot of X (and I think the ending of X was good, infact the plot of X had a good ending, even if the lack of an enemy you could not put a personality made the game IMO a total failure in that aspect, do you not remember the end of Disc 2 when Aerith/Aeris...well you know, X has nothing like that).

Why are they tampering with a series that so far has been consistently fantastic.

Comming Soon : Super Final Fantasy Alpha 2

SALvation
01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Nobody knows until we play it. But I know this, if it's Final Fantasy I'm buying it :D

MR. SLiK
01-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jan 13 2003, 03:00 PM
Nobody knows until we play it. But I know this, if it's Final Fantasy I'm buying it :D
And thats exactly why there making another one and continue to make them.

SALvation
01-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Damn straight. The worst FF game is still better than 95% of any other RPGs.

Dissectional
01-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Have to agree with Sal on this one.

Dark Reign
01-14-2003, 01:21 AM
I agree with Sal as well. Sometimes, change is good. Adding a new online element may or may not work well with FF's format.

Then again, I have heard a lot of worry about the new format. We're just gonna have to wait to see what the future brings us.

SALvation
01-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey, if FFX2 fails, big deal. There are 4 other FF games coming out this year :D

Dissectional
01-14-2003, 01:50 AM
wOOt! :w00t:

Burn the Witch
01-14-2003, 03:17 PM
I will only be buying FF XII, seeing as FF XI already failed pretty badly in Japan and so it probably wont see release in Europe anyway and I dont like the idea of FF Online :unsure:

Still need to finish VI and IX but VII VIII and X I've done :cool:

Dissectional
01-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Jan 14 2003, 10:17 AM
I will only be buying FF XII, seeing as FF XI already failed pretty badly in Japan and so it probably wont see release in Europe anyway and I dont like the idea of FF Online :unsure:

Still need to finish VI and IX but VII VIII and X I've done :cool:
I still have all the releases from the NES and Super NES! I can't get enough of FF.
I haven't heard to much about XI lately, I didn't know it tanked. That is unfortunate, I was really looking forward to it.

Rivers
01-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Hell yeah Sal! You know a lot of people have hatred for the Final Fantasy series because it became popular but its true. Square knows how to make RPG's and the FF series rules! :jammin:

Burn the Witch
01-14-2003, 11:39 PM
I love FF as much as any FF fan but with how many FF's released this year? FFX-2 FFCC FFOrigins FFXI and FFXII? Thats 5 FF's! Im sorry but if they release that many I dont think it will be special any more :unsure:

SALvation
01-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Don't forget FF Tactics for GBA :D

TheUltimateWarrior
01-15-2003, 01:06 AM
I dont think they need to cash in

Square soft is rich enough!

and FF still rules!

Rivers
02-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Actually ultimate.....ever since the Final Fantasy movie Square hasn't been that rich. Also the problem with FFXI put them back a little but FFX made them bank. Maybe that's why they decided to make FFX-2. Whatever the reason can't wait to play it. :cool:

Gun Element
02-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Ive only played FFX pretty pathetic huh. :blink:

Rivers
02-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Feb 14 2003, 01:39 AM
Ive only played FFX pretty pathetic huh. :blink:
Not really people play what they like its all a matter of taste. Its not like you can't go back and play the others if you want their still around. Well, some of them. ;)

Irishman Q3
02-17-2003, 08:49 AM
If you haven't played them before, going back and playing some game that's 10 or more years old is hard for me to do. I SAY it's not going to affect me, but I tried to go back and play the original FF on my old NES and just couldn't get past Garland (First boss). The old school graphics, and sound, and the fact that it's just hours and hours of "you attack them:*DoinK*", "they attack you:*Wack*", "you attack them:*Doink*"...and repeat for a few hours and for a few dayz. And then insanity sets in, which sucks. :wacko:

*Crowd of FF fanatics burst into the room!!!!!!!!!*

:devil:
"THERE HE IS! KILL THE UNBELIEVER!!!!!"

:w00t:
*Irishman runs for his life!*
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"