PDA

View Full Version : RPG/Racing game?

Dark Reign
01-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Have you heard about this game yet? Unlike most racing games before it, this one actually tells a story of Ryan Mcane who watches as his father dies a horribly fiery death after winning a race. He and his brother gorw up to be.....racers just like his old dad, and Ryan has to find it in his soul or whatever to win the race to avenge his father's death. Sounds like a movie, noi?

However, screenies of this game look pretty cool. Has anyone picked this original Racing game up?

Dissectional
01-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Not me. I am not a big fan of racing games, of any kind. I am currently knee deep in Robotech:Battlecry.
Not to happy with that one so far.

Rivers
01-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Yeah square made driving emotion S type but I heard it wasn't too good from racing game fans. The only racing game I play is mario kart! :angel:

Dissectional
01-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Rivers@Jan 14 2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah square made driving emotion S type but I heard it wasn't too good from racing game fans. The only racing game I play is mario kart! :angel:
Mario Kart is the whip!

Dark Reign
01-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Grand Turismo is fun, yet at times mind numbling difficult.

Dan2
01-15-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@Jan 14 2003, 08:13 PM
Grand Turismo is fun, yet at times mind numbling difficult.
So true!! I still (1 yr later) haven't passed the last road test on the Complex String. Awesome driving game! :thumbs:

FUS1ON
01-15-2003, 01:47 AM
If one game could make me buy a game console, Gran Turismo would be it. ;)

OPTIMOOSE
01-15-2003, 04:12 PM
I've beat all the gran turismos! :P

HEHE..

Pantha
01-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Yep, I've got this game.. it's called V8 Supercars Race Driver here.. Toca Race Driver in the UK..
It rocks :) I've finished it though.. it's not that much of an rpg.. it just has a few cut scenes here and there to make things a bit more interesting.. the structure of the game is very similar to Toca World Touring Cars on PS1, but for some reason you can only compete in the World Championship once (assuming you win it I guess, maybe if you lose you get another chance :/)
I haven't played it much since I bought Colin McRae Rally 3 and right now I'm addicted to Robotech Battlecry.. I've been waiting for a good Robotech game for.. at least 10 years.. :D