PDA

View Full Version : Saint Seiya goes USA

Aries
01-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I got this information from a friend of mine (if anyone in America knows more about this, please let me know)

It looks like Saint Seiya is finally going to get an official English version.
However Saint Seiya will be served in two flavors in the US:

1)"cool'" version: the complete Tv-series (Sanctuary,Asgard, Poseidon) will be released on DVD by AD Vision. This will be a non-censored version with the options of Japanese original with English subtitles or English dub (respecting the original names of the characters) *I just love DVD options wub *. This release is DVD only, no VHS

2)"silly" version: DIC the company of Jean Chalopin (producer of Ulysse 31 and Inspector Gadget,...) will bring Saint Seiya to the American TV
Unfortunately this version will be heavily censored and adapted. The title has been adapted to "Knights of the Zodiac" (a very litteral translation of the French title Chevaliers du Zodiaque). The names in this dub will probably be adapted to the West I'm afraid...so don't be surprised when Seiya might turn into Johnny Stararrow or Shiryu into Sir Blindalot :lol:
All traces of blood, violence, religious or heathen references and every slight indication of Seiya actually having a love life have been skillfully removed. shuriken

My suggestion: get those DVD's :w00t:

Dissectional
01-16-2003, 03:33 PM
Very cool. While not my favorite, I have enjoyed the episodes that I have seen.
I will be sure to check those out.

Phoenix
01-17-2003, 09:12 PM
HALLEJULA!!!!!!!!!!!