PDA

View Full Version : questions on making gifs

Fantum309
04-12-2004, 06:48 AM
I have been playing around with image ready but I am still lost. I want to make a gif. I bought this book, " Photoshop 6 for Dummys" and it didn't explain enough to me. I guess I need a dummer version of the book or something. Any websites or suggestions?????

solid snake295
04-12-2004, 08:03 AM
maybe this will help. http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifmake1.htm#sequenceerror
i didnt really read the whole thing... to tired

Caged Anger
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
you're in luck my friend. I have recently become adapt in image ready. That's how I make my sigs. Let's make a simple blob move around.

1) Paint a paint blob on a new layer (press the create new layer button on the layers window)
2)Open the animation window found in the windows drop down menu
3)Click on the bottom of the animation toolbar, the duplicate frame button.
4)Using the move cursur found top right of the tools window, move the blob.
5)Dubplicate the fram again, move again, and keep going as long as you want.

Talk to me if you have questions :thumbs:

PimpDaddy
04-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Fantum... this was from another part of the forum
gif problems (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29906&st=0)

(Caged Anger @ Mar 25 2004, 07:26 PM)
hye i got image ready. Tried but it still just gave me a bunch of frames.

o.k. Here is Gif 101 for ya Caged

1. Create the pictures for your animation. I'll use a simple example. Lets say you want to create the affect of someone blinking. You would need 2 pictures. Picture one would be the pic with the eyes open. Pic 2 is the same pic but with the eyes closed. (You can do this in photoshop) (when you save the pics, try to keep the file size as small as you possibly can because when you use them in a .gif the file size can get large)

2. Put the 2 pictures into 1 folder (name the folder anything you want - lets use the name "blink" for the folder) (doesnt matter where, just remember what folder you put them in).

3. Save the pics with the same name, but give them a numeric extension....for example pic 1 could be named blink000.jpg and pic 2 could be named blink001.jpg

4. Now you're ready to open Image Ready

5. When Image Ready is open go to File>Import Folder as frames> then browse to your folder (we named "blink") and double click on it.

6. Pic 1(blink000.jpg) will now be frame 1 and pic 2(blink001.jpg) will be frame 2.

7. Now all you have to do is adjust frame rates (how fast or slow you want the animation to work)--- that may be another post though. But if you want to Caged, open up your avatar that I made for ya in image ready and you can see the settings I used for it to get the animation.

8. When you save the pic you will want to SAVE AS OPTIMIZED.

Hope this helps for a starter Tute.....

Pimp