PDA

View Full Version : UTComp

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Have you guys heard of it.. and if so, have you installed it on your server?

If you guys dont know what Im talking about, I'll ellaborate :P

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
um.. GameMecca was running SLOW.. so I wasnt sure if it was working or not. You can delete those other two threads.

Red[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 03:02 PM
smooth what the hell is wrong with you today? too much coffee or something?

Pure_Evil
04-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Red?? What do you mean "today" :rofl:

Smooth been hanging out too much with the NE boys :devil:

BTW, surprised to see that smooth isn't on the 1 vs 1 ladder at PG

Kudos to Dawgpound for having the #2 spot out of 160 playas :jammin:

Dissectional
04-23-2004, 03:40 PM
GG Smooth... :P

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 05:34 PM
It was slow.. didnt know it was working. sue me :)

I dont play in any ladders. Just the tournaments and leagues. If I find a ladder I like I might join, but I like tournaments better. Im in the XTGL tourney and PG Side B tourney.

We are also in the TDM 4v4 Ladder and CTF League on teamwarfare.com. Im not on their starting like up for TDM cuz frankly they are awesome. Just there if someone cant show up. But I play on the CTF team cuz only me and ra know CTF really. The others are "good".. but only because they are highly accurate. LOTS of good CT teams out there. So we are working our way up.

You all need to get on there! fun stuff!

Red[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 07:28 PM
dude, ctf? you ditched the gummis for another ctf team too?!

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Red.. I didn't "ditch" GB for anything. We have already went through this once. The same team (NoEscape) that I joined up with a month ago is the same team Im talking about here. They play 4v4 TDM and 5v5 CTF. Always have. They asked me a month ago to PRIMARILY play on their CTF team. 4v4 TDM is only when they dont have their starting 4 showing up. (Toque, ra, DawgPound, ono)

They play on laders, leagues, tournaments, etc. We do not. Nothing wrong with that, we just never have. I wanted to.. they are some great guys.. they invited me cuz they thought I could be an asset to there team.. I accepted. Part of WHY they asked me is because of how much NE and GB have always got along. They knew they were getting someone that they could count on, could get along with, and have met in person.

n:Smooth[Gummi] that's who I play as when I play. When Im in other kinds of games, or in GB only tournaments (like this next weeknd at AsylumLAN with Gold, Zero, and Stale).. it's good ol Smooth[GummiBear] like usual.

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-23-2004, 09:34 PM
aside form all of that. Does {DS} know about UTComp? (the original point of this thread :P)

It's the TTM of 2K4, and needs to be installed on your server! :D

http://smooth.gummiclan.com/UTCompv11a.zip

noldhor
04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
"Have you been waiting for TTM2004?
You don't have to anymore, now you have a choice between two competition mods. TTM2004v10beta1 & UTComp Both mutators feature:
Hit sounds
Force Default Character
Autodemorec
Auto end of game screen shot
Weapon stats tracking
The major difference between the two is that UTComp includes a bright skins feature, that TTM doesn't. It's server side, so everyone has bright skins.
TTM is still beta and everything has to be configured via your ini files.
If you like TTM, but would also like to have bright skins you should definitely give UTComp a spin."

That is what i know abt it :thumbs: Hope it worth it, but i guess it does :thumbs:

Fragetti
04-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Smooth[GummiBear]@Apr 23 2004, 04:34 PM
aside form all of that. Does {DS} know about UTComp? (the original point of this thread :P)

It's the TTM of 2K4, and needs to be installed on your server! :D

Thanks Smooth :thumbs:

I will install it on my server and do some testing. If we likey I will make it happen Thanks again
Frag :wave:

Fragetti
04-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Well I installed on my server and I have to admit it was quite easy :thumbs:
works well. If you want to try it join my server and it will auto DL (redirect ;) )when you get in the game press F5 for menu. I didnt play with everything and I am using the default settings. the one thing I like is that its setup as a Mutator so it can be turned on and off :thumbs:
Frag

Pure_Evil
04-24-2004, 03:04 AM
please hold off on anything installed on {DS} servers except maps please.

Smooth, thanks for the tip.

Frag, good work, but I think our server needs to be used before we start modding it. I said before, I only want mods on the servers that are needed for ladders, no others, at least for the time being.

Thank you.

ForrestFunk
04-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Fragetti+Apr 24 2004, 12:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fragetti @ Apr 24 2004, 12:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smooth[GummiBear
,Apr 23 2004, 04:34 PM] aside form all of that.&nbsp; Does {DS} know about UTComp? (the original point of this thread :P)

It&#39;s the TTM of 2K4, and needs to be installed on your server&#33; :D

I will install it on my server and do some testing. If we likey I will make it happen Thanks again
Frag :wave: [/b][/quote]
hey frag, thats exactly the same mut you installed before ;) just read the change log...they renamed it from TCM or what ever it was called to UTPure

personally i dont like it that much...waiting for TTM final

the funniest thing in UTPure are the colored heads...looks like ****, and the headzones of most models arent there where it is at the skin eg George

Fragetti
04-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ForrestFunk+Apr 24 2004, 06:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ForrestFunk @ Apr 24 2004, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Fragetti@Apr 24 2004, 12:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Smooth[GummiBear
,Apr 23 2004, 04:34 PM] aside form all of that.* Does {DS} know about UTComp? (the original point of this thread :P)

It&#39;s the TTM of 2K4, and needs to be installed on your server&#33; :D

hey frag, thats exactly the same mut you installed before ;) just read the change log...they renamed it from TCM or what ever it was called to UTPure

personally i dont like it that much...waiting for TTM final

the funniest thing in UTPure are the colored heads...looks like ****, and the headzones of most models arent there where it is at the skin eg George [/b][/quote]
Thanks FF :thumbs: I did read that but it didnt click :oooo:
If it wasnt for bright skins I wouldnt stand a chance. I just cant see my targets.
as far as the head thingy I didnt notice but there are alot more adjustments in the brightskins options. I did try TTM2k4 and its not working I have to play around with it more. I too am waiting for the full ver of TTM.

Smooth[GummiBear]
04-25-2004, 02:03 AM
hehe you might have to wait a long time for TTM.

TCM was SUPPOSED to be a temporary thing to "tide people over until TTM was released".

TCM = Temporary Competition Mod

Turns out that it took off REALLY well. Almost every server I play at has it installed and some of the ladders/tournaments have already adopted it.

That being the case, The designer decided to turn it into a full fledged mutator. He has hired some top notch programers and renamed it UTComp.

UTComp 1.1 really isnt that much different than TCM. Basic functionality and basic look. The new version coming out within a month or so will be AWESOME and look fabulous.

So many people have adopted it as the "new TTM" that when, or even if, TTM comes out.. it might already be too late and may not even be used. Only time will tell.

Have no fear installing it tho. Most places already have.