PDA

View Full Version : This is becoming a problem

Caged Anger
05-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I can make a great sig in photoshop. But usually they go well over the 50K limit. I start adjusting the picture to fit and it gets too small. Is there any way I can set the image size or something else so it doesn't shrink when I adjust the pixels/SI?

<<Hybrid>>
05-07-2004, 04:19 PM
when you are saving picture, there must be compression feature... i dont know if PS have it, PI does

JIMINATOR
05-07-2004, 04:28 PM
there is an image quality setting, just turn it down.

JIMINATOR
05-07-2004, 04:28 PM
oh, and make sure you save as jpg, not gif

Caged Anger
05-07-2004, 06:23 PM
how could i make smaller GIF pic and still keep it big?

Grimmy
05-07-2004, 06:27 PM
use fireworks MX, you export it and tell it the size you want it to be or under and it does it for ya, and I haven&#39;t seen any decrease in quality, just a nice pic with a small file size. :)

JIMINATOR
05-07-2004, 06:29 PM
gifs are not lossy compression. they do best with only a few colors
where the colors are mostly the same next to each other.
or for transparent images. for artwork or photos you need jpgs.

Caged Anger
05-11-2004, 02:03 AM
thx for the help guys, I have a different P-Shop problem now. Not so much of a problem as a difficulty. Sometimes when I go to make a new image or open and edit an image, all i can use is this hand. No other tools work and this hand doesn&#39;t seem to do anything. Sometimes it disappears after I kill the program but usually I have to wait til I reboot the system. Any ideas?

<<Hybrid>>
05-11-2004, 06:00 PM
jim, its possible to compress GIFs, too.... quality loss tho
this works almost same as jpg.

<<Hybrid>>
05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Anger, remember wallpaper i sent you? it was 300 Kb jpg pic (3 MB bmp) i compressed it to 15KB :P

Caged Anger
05-11-2004, 06:26 PM
yeah, but yur way isn&#39;t exactly legal, now is it? I like to stay clean in that manner.

You guys mean to tell me there isn&#39;t a single compression tool for this on the web for free. Man, I&#39;m loosing faith yur expertise guys :lol:

<<Hybrid>>
05-12-2004, 12:52 AM
well... whats there so illegal to compress? lol

Caged Anger
05-12-2004, 02:19 AM
well, seeing how you bring up the subject, a lot of the images I get off of cognitive distortion have licenses. I don know if that&#39;s legal to take then. I dunno, maybe i jus a paraniod geek...

<<Hybrid>>
05-12-2004, 04:41 PM
you see... my images are created totaly from nothing. just with lines, squeares and circles, then adding colors and effects. taking lots of screenshots of games, etc... only some of sigs have some themes from free wallpapers... is that illegal? lol
for web desig i am making total theme conversation... such as images and php scripts... to make own theme i am using default dimensions of images, then making simple graphics, what becomes more advanced later. Changing scripts becouse then i can place my stuff where ever i want, make them do what i want and to look exactly what i want. thats legal i think
if i totaly remade template (all php script totaly converted to my style) thats called i made theme from scratch. and thats legal to remove copyright then. Why? becouse all design and code is not similiar anymore...
or you meant something other?
Do you speak about my program? i am using trial version, what is upgraded to full version using my friends serial number... so? is that illegal? i think its not

Caged Anger
05-13-2004, 01:27 AM
once again, I bow to your superior knowledge of artwork

<<Hybrid>>
05-13-2004, 08:35 PM
lol did i missed something?
welll, as you see my english is bad, and .... lol :lol: