PDA

View Full Version : [SS-SE] The No PowerUps maps pack

ThePIT
05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi all :)

Just few lines to introduce my modest and latest mapping job :

http://davethepit.free.fr/online/pics/introducing/NoPowerUps.jpg The No PowerUps maps pack

The aim of this map pack is to remove all the power ups without doing anything else (no other map changes, no others things removed or added, just deleting the power ups !!!) on the 8 Standard maps.

I thought it was good to post this topic for server admins who are tired of the power up users... It's not an add for our clan, just sharing this few stuff with the main servers admins of Sam ;)

The 8 Standard maps in the pack are the following :

- Little Trouble
- The Lost Tomb
- Fortress
- Compound
- Red Station
- The Hole
- Yodeller
- We got skulls and bones too

Download link : ~ The No PowerUps maps pack ~ (http://davethepit.free.fr/online/sas/maps/The%20NoPowerUps%20maps%20pack.gro)

Installation :

As usual the .GRO file goes in the Serious Sam - The Second Encounter folder, nothing to unzip, place or move in another folder.

You'll see the new maps easily : they are ordered, grouped together and they come with a blue label ;)

So... let's play fair, just say no to pups and spread this map pack everywhere to have the best fair and funny games you're perhaps looking everywhere, on many servers !

Notes :

I did a search on Google, on Serious Zone website (forgot the name) and few big forums/websites about Sam before making this map pack and the conclusions are these ones :

- there are no packs for the 8 maps at the same time ( i've never seen it yet...)
- the powerless releases of few maps comes sometimes with other changes sometimes (weapon changes)
- many dead links to download the few "powerless maps" (i talk about the powerless ones at campersclan.de in example)

I changed the map name adding a "No PowerUps" prefix in order to avoid any possible conflicts with existing maps which could have been done ;)

http://sas.clan.free.fr/sas-um/uploads/post-1-NoPups-pic1.jpg

Hope it can help... :wave:

DiTomasso
05-12-2004, 07:33 PM
It looks need :thumbs: :thumbs:
You left the canon in :bandhead:
If i run this map on my server, only players that have that map installed can play???
If i am correct.

Insomnia
05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
correct DI :thumbs:

ThePIT
05-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Yes it needs to have the exactly the same map file on both side, client and server :)

I'm more ennoyed by the smurfs and sd users comparing to the cannon users, for now this aim of this pack is just to remove the pups, no changing or deleting weapons...

But everytimes a map is changed, everytimes people will have to redownload it again or to get a new release... main problem

:wave:

JIMINATOR
05-12-2004, 08:24 PM
in sambo you are wasting your time making maps.
the people that normally would play them can't figure out
where to get them,
the servers lock up when lots of people without the maps
join and are kicked.
it's all pointless unless you get a clan to push it out
to all their members.

JIMINATOR
05-13-2004, 12:55 PM
nah, i am just saying if you host a server, and get the maps out to your clan, then maybe you will have somebody to play with.... not implying anything... ;)

ThePIT
05-14-2004, 05:09 PM
I "made" 2 models (edited would be the right word) but it needs special and high knowledge of 3d tools like 3Dsmax and Lightwave to make genuine new models

I don't have the knowledge to build any 3d models, just few mapping here and there...