PDA

View Full Version : Where do I have ...

Saretta
01-21-2003, 01:47 PM
I played on servers with maps I don't had. My computer autodownloaded them into the cache frolder. I know where to put most of the files (like *.ut2 files into the maps folder), but where do I have to put the *.u files?

Saretta
01-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Do I have to put these files into the system folder?

Dissectional
01-21-2003, 02:36 PM
If you auto downloaded the maps, then I don't know what you mean. UT2003 did away with downloading and STORING the maps, you just have them so you can play, to quicken up connections. If you actually want the map, you have to download it manually from a server and save to the system folder, unless otherwise specified in a readme or something from the map maker. Does that help?

Saretta
01-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Well in the Cache folder UT stores the autodownloaded map/texture/etc. with a number code. In the cache.ini stands which code belongs to which map/texture/etc. U can rename the number codeto the normal map/texture/etc file name. Then u can put the remaned files in the map/texture/etc. folders of ut. That way u have this map forever and can play it in instant action or create an own server with this map. U don't have to download the map again.
The only problem I have as I mentioned are these *.u files. I think these files are mutators or/and maybe system informations. I would like to know that exactly.
I found some other *.u files in my system folder and put the files from my cache folder in. But in game i only can choose the mutators which were already there.
So maybe I put the files in the wrong folder or this renameing and puting in a folder only works for textures, maps, sounds and static meshes.

ForrestFunk
01-21-2003, 02:53 PM
as i can see from the names you are right bain...they are mutators...put them in the systemfolder ;)

Sauron
01-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ForrestFunk@Jan 21 2003, 03:53 PM
as i can see from the names you are right bain...they are mutators...put them in the systemfolder ;)
that dont work

Saretta
01-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Ehm I should see the mutators then in game, right?

Saretta
01-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ForrestFunk@Jan 21 2003, 03:53 PM
BTW thanks for the help :)

ForrestFunk
01-21-2003, 03:06 PM
i ve installed the ttm mod...but i dont know exactly how i ve done it...i thought it was the i told you...sorry :wacko:

Haba
01-21-2003, 06:40 PM
.ut2 = maps
.utx = textures
.uax = sounds
.ogg = music
.usx = staticmeshes
.u = system
.int = system

Hope that helps.:)

Saretta
01-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks a lot. I found out why the mutators didn't work. It only autodownloads the *.u file of the mutator, but most of the mutators also have *.int files and *.ini files and so on. They weren't autodownloaded and so I couldn't see the mutators in my mutator list in game :)

Yellow[GummiBear]
01-21-2003, 07:26 PM
this is a maaad sweet program for taking downloaded stuff in your cache and placing it in the correct folders...
http://catchersctf.ohnosoftware.com/Catche...lay=UTILS_CUTCR (http://catchersctf.ohnosoftware.com/CatchersCTF.asp?display=UTILS_CUTCR)

Saretta
01-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Cool thank you Yellow :jammin: :w00t:

Pure_Evil
01-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Yellow[GummiBear]@Jan 21 2003, 02:26 PM
this is a maaad sweet program for taking downloaded stuff in your cache and placing it in the correct folders...
http://catchersctf.ohnosoftware.com/Catche...lay=UTILS_CUTCR (http://catchersctf.ohnosoftware.com/CatchersCTF.asp?display=UTILS_CUTCR)
I can't wait to try it out! Boy, Gummibears aren't only tasty, they're helpful too! :rolleyes:

Saretta
01-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Gummibears are the best :) :thumbs: :wootrock:

Sauron
01-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe@Jan 21 2003, 08:54 PM
Gummibears are the best :) :thumbs: :wootrock:
But only the ones from Haribo :rofl: j/k

Yellow[GummiBear]
01-22-2003, 07:40 PM
hahaha!! actually when we went to the MillionManLan in kentucky last memorial day we had some sponsorship from Haribo... they sent us a huge box of little packs of gummibears to give out to everybody, some posters, some cheezy but fly watches, stickers with googly eyes... it was sweet... we actually used the packs of gummibears to give out an AMD chip... we put a sticker on one pack of gummibears and randomly threw them all out to the crowd and whoever got the pack with the sticker won the chip.. it was really cool and Haribo really appreciated the publicity... we very well may have more cool stuff coming in the future!!! anyway you're welcome for the link, I use that thing all the time and it's great!

Saretta
01-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Yellow[GummiBear]@Jan 22 2003, 08:40 PM
hahaha!! actually when we went to the MillionManLan in kentucky last memorial day we had some sponsorship from Haribo... they sent us a huge box of little packs of gummibears to give out to everybody, some posters, some cheezy but fly watches, stickers with googly eyes... it was sweet... we actually used the packs of gummibears to give out an AMD chip... we put a sticker on one pack of gummibears and randomly threw them all out to the crowd and whoever got the pack with the sticker won the chip.. it was really cool and Haribo really appreciated the publicity... we very well may have more cool stuff coming in the future!!! anyway you're welcome for the link, I use that thing all the time and it's great!
Hey that's really nice :) U chose a good clan name :thumbs:

Death-Dude
01-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Yellow[GummiBear]@Jan 22 2003, 01:40 PM
That is pretty cool of them, sounds like fun.