PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Fire

Cheap Bastard
06-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Need help with Ring of Fire. The following is a quick work through, via visionofsages.net:

Typhon's Reach
After crossing the northernmost west-to-east bridge (starting on west side and crossing over to east side) to get to the neutral taur town, there's a genie-looking mob at the SW corner of the northernmost building. If you speak with her, she will challenge your group's might. If you accept the challenge, you will be ported to an island where 6-8 Tuar Guardians await you. This should be no problem for a well-rounded group w/ decent CC. After killing the mobs, rest up and have another go by talking to the genie again (she ports with you to this island in the beginning). Do this 3 times, speak with her again, and then she will port you to an altar with some purple-conned NPC. Upon the alter is the Ring of Fire.
Note that only one group member can get the ring.... when it's picked up, another ring remains on the alter but cannot be taken. Our group leader was able to get the ring.

Need at least 3 tanks and 2 clerics.

Thanks

Cheap Bastard
06-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Sorry forgot time: Friday 2:00 CST. Please meet in Volcanus.

Yetti
06-03-2004, 04:55 AM
straight forward, purdy simple encounter. Sounds like some fun, meeting haven? who will have bg? loot rules? where do i park my full-sized poodle sled team? will there be adult beverages available? If we host this again 30 minutes after, bringing a level 30 player, then leave him alone on the encounter island, would anyone notice?

Sauron
06-03-2004, 10:55 AM
I would help but i can't come on friday :(

Gone for the weekend from Friday till Sunday

OUTLAWS The Machine
06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Will still be at work at that time.

Skylen
06-03-2004, 03:21 PM
This encounter can be done with 3 people, if you pick the right mobs. Only trick to it is they like to heal each other, so taking them down in a certain order seems to keep that from happening, but only had it happen once or twice...

Skylen