PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm back hehe!

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
06-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Here is alittle didy I did today for kicks I dunno why but an idea sparked hehe and this is what I came up with so far its a WIP should be done soon perhaps a new sig for me. Just so you know its all been painted with mouse and keyboard no freaking filters either. And yes I painted that skull by hand then did copys of it for multiple use. Please feel free to post comments.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

solid snake295
06-27-2004, 04:44 AM
you rock Bio :thumbs:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
06-27-2004, 08:13 AM
It looks very nice Bio...great job. :thumbs:

Aries
06-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Nice Job :thumbs:

merkwannabe
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Good job! :)

A few questions... So you made everything from scratch? How long did it take and do you have any others samples of your work?

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
06-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah that was all done from scratch I had already created many textures like that skull for instance before up untill now, I had nothing to do with the skull. And yeah its all painted all of it. It took me about roughly 8 or so hours to do that. I would have taken longer if I did not have materials already within my grasp. I might have some other stuff to show around perhaps, Ill have to look.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
06-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Well here is the finished project as of now maby some further tweeks before I use it as my sig. Anyways let me know what you think.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

merkwannabe
06-28-2004, 06:04 AM
Really awesome.. What are you using? My guess is photoshop, but I don't understand how you can get those shades without using the filters or other tools besides just the paint brush..

Awesome work.. Did you learn how to do this from tutorials?!

[Btw, sorry about all the questions, it's just I like digital art]

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
06-28-2004, 07:11 AM
The way painting like that works, is knowing your lights and darks really well expecially for objects as complex as faces. It takes alot of time to learn the basis of painting like this working with lights and darks most of that kinda learning comes from art classes or books or persay if you can teach yourself like myself along with the art classes in school couple years back. The whole idea is to be able to create depth "the darker, the deeper"" the lighter the higher", kinda with me? The same concept works with transparency light is totially visable black is invisable. Anyways you get the picture hehe, yeah I started out with a selection of a 65% grey in Photoshop of course since I like to work with no color... Well then I started working with lights and darks for the skin in the back ground. I then worked with the burn and dodge tool to bring those out and last I messed with brushes and all diffrent types will all diffrent setups for opaque and airbrush and all that jaz. Then I took some previously painted pieces from my texture archive which that skull came from and that chain fence. Oh and yeah always keep in mind that when working on this kinda art its okie to experement work with color lights and darks try anything you want have fun with it thats what art is all about. And please feel free to ask any questions thats what I'm here for.

THanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

Mad Fox
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Great Job

merkwannabe
06-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BIOHAZARD@Jun 28 2004, 12:11 AM
The way painting like that works, is knowing your lights and darks really well expecially for objects as complex as faces. It takes alot of time to learn the basis of painting like this working with lights and darks most of that kinda learning comes from art classes or books or persay if you can teach yourself like myself along with the art classes in school couple years back. The whole idea is to be able to create depth "the darker, the deeper"" the lighter the higher", kinda with me? The same concept works with transparency light is totially visable black is invisable. Anyways you get the picture hehe, yeah I started out with a selection of a 65% grey in Photoshop of course since I like to work with no color... Well then I started working with lights and darks for the skin in the back ground. I then worked with the burn and dodge tool to bring those out and last I messed with brushes and all diffrent types will all diffrent setups for opaque and airbrush and all that jaz. Then I took some previously painted pieces from my texture archive which that skull came from and that chain fence. Oh and yeah always keep in mind that when working on this kinda art its okie to experement work with color lights and darks try anything you want have fun with it thats what art is all about. And please feel free to ask any questions thats what I'm here for.

THanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

EXEcution
06-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Great to hear that you back!
Again i've always admired you work and you do an excellent job of answering my questions as well as merk's.
:thumbs:
You are and have been a great addition to GM!

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
06-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Excellent work!