PDA

View Full Version : Metriod: THE MOVIE

Dark Reign
01-23-2003, 04:46 AM
According to Coming Soon, via a report through Variety, the creators of the films American Pie and Final Destination have purchased the film rights to Nintendo's Metroid series. Warren Zide and Craig Perry, both of whom were producers on those films, are currently searching for writers as well as a director for the project.

What do you think? This could turn into something wonderful! I say:YAY!!!

Hobbes
01-23-2003, 05:11 AM
Jesus jumped up Christ. Is anyone else nervous about what the people who did American Pie and Final Destination could do with Metroid now that they have their grubby mitts on it? Or is it just me?

Dark Reign
01-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Hobbes@Jan 23 2003, 05:11 AM
Jesus jumped up Christ. Is anyone else nervous about what the people who did American Pie and Final Destination could do with Metroid now that they have their grubby mitts on it? Or is it just me?
Good Point. :unsure:

Sirc
01-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Hobbes@Jan 23 2003, 12:11 AM
Never seen either one. But I assume from your post that they sucked. :rolleyes:

Hobbes
01-23-2003, 05:43 AM
American Pie was a pretty funny teen comedy, although dumb. Final Destination was a ****ty teen suspense movie. And dumb.

From the game they have only one character (or maybe 2 if you count Ridley), and very little plot to work with. I can't imagine how the people responsible for those movies are going to end up with plot and/or characters that will do any sort of justice to the experience of the games.

Although maybe they'll find some writer and director to make it work. But color me skeptical. :rolleyes:

Rivers
01-23-2003, 07:49 AM
I actually liked the American Pie movies they were good for stupid laughs. Final Destination sucked and that's cause I'm a horrorr fan it sucked royaly. I can't say that I'm excited but I can't say that I'm not. I mean I love Metroid and the idea sounds great but look at all the other past video game to movies we had. They all sucked. Mario bros, tomb radier, final fantasy was probably the best one, mortal kombat, street fighter. If this does happen I would prefer to actually have it animated. Maybe that might help but if there gonna go live action I just hope they don't kill the damn thing. :bandhead:

Sirc
01-23-2003, 07:55 AM
The Final Fantasy movie wasn't too bad, and the fact that it was all computer generated was very impressive. There were some scenes that were actually tough to distinguish from reality. Hehe. It is coming...... :w00t:

Dissectional
01-23-2003, 01:07 PM
American Pie was especially funny if you lived in East Grand Rapids MI. It was a parody about the school and the city, and since I live here, the inside jokes made sense to me. I thought it was hilarious, but anyway

You never know. I mean look at LOTR. How did they choose Peter Jackson? You want to see a Peter Jackson movie? Be brave and go find Bad Taste, or Dead Alive. Sit through those and you'll be saying "WTF!?"

Anything can happen.

Rivers
01-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Very true very true I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :oooo:

Gun Element
01-25-2003, 05:42 PM
wow I cant agree with u guys any more. Im guessing its going to suck.

But like always u never know. :WTF: