PDA

View Full Version : ladder loss, but still.......

Pure_Evil
07-21-2004, 02:26 AM
Suffer is quite good, the first time I faced him at ProvingGrounds, he beat me 19-0 and 19--2 :eek: But this time was quite different. 1st map, he got the amp with about 1.5min left and got 5 quick near spawn kills to take the lead. I was quite impressed. Second map, I haven't played since UT99, and he took it in OT.
Even though I lost, I'm still proud of these games, ProvingGrounds is very tough competition. Thanks to my GM homies for warming me up for this and Smooth for the last minute tips on TS!

Pure_Evil
07-21-2004, 02:28 AM
note the weapons usage in the second map, mostly shock/sniper.. the new Evil :D

Thundarr
07-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Nice work!! Next time you will do even better, fo shizzle! ;)

Fragetti
07-21-2004, 03:04 AM
GG's Pure :)

JIMINATOR
07-21-2004, 07:28 AM
that's a lot of spectators in those games. do they cause lag?

Pure_Evil
07-21-2004, 10:26 AM
that's a lot of spectators in those games. do they cause lag?
Good question.
1st off, spectators in a 1v1 lagger match is the easiest way to cheat. Use TS and have a spectator give you enemy location and time pups. Normally I wouldn't allow a spectator, but these guys are a class act and a older clan, my oponent is the youngest member at 29.
2nd, no. most UT servers out there, lag is based on ping from location. Clan servers are almost always rented with at least a OC-3,OC-48 and OC-192 backbones. They can hold 8 to 64 players without lag, depending on what space they rent. The {DS} server is a perfect example. It holds 16 players, 2 spectators, and wont lag for most players east of the Rockies, even when full. To play ladder matches, you have to have a high end server, both players have to get fair pings, that's why I rent my own based out of Chicago. I have yet to see a USA player ping over 110 to it.

LOL, I just notice he had IRC reporter on for that match :eek: that means more of his clan was following it through IRC

PJ'l_Master
07-21-2004, 10:52 AM
gg's pure

Goblink
07-21-2004, 11:04 AM
note the weapons usage in the second map, mostly shock/sniper.. the new Evil

Yeah i noticed that :thumbs: ..... damn i have to start watch out for you =P
GGs =D

ForrestFunk
07-21-2004, 11:14 AM
note the weapons usage in the second map, mostly shock/sniper.. the new Evil

hehe :D GG's

as for the spectators...in german or most european ladder games no spectators are allowed (except a ladder admin from time to time)

Dissectional
07-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Good job bro

Aries
07-21-2004, 01:37 PM
GG's Puro

Smooth[GummiBear]
07-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Look at your ping in that second screen cap!! No wonder you lost! hahaha :P

Definetly hit me up for some real 1v1 training sometime. Not sure when your next match is, but Ill be around tonight playing like usual.

Also.. I know the c2c people. They come to Lanwar and I would never accuse them of cheating. They are good people.

Pure_Evil
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
']Also.. I know the c2c people. They come to Lanwar and I would never accuse them of cheating. They are good people.

LOL, I know, the first time I played Suffer, and they asked to spectate, I was reluctant, but agreed, this time when they asked to spectate, I just asked them not to laugh! But yes, they are first class, and we even spoke about Lanwar, I look forward to meeting them too, especially since they're old peeps too :cool:

ZeLL
07-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Pure your gettin better man. Like i said a thousand times before, if you could master the dodge technique, you'd f up a lot more people