PDA

View Full Version : Starters Mapping for Serious Sam

FlameRush
07-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Here are some stuff I have learned up no help at all(No one around then)...

Various Editting Modes. You have various modes, as an example, Entity Mode, you can edit entities, and place them, if your in Polygon Mode, you can still place entities, the Polygon Mode, you can edit textures, add effects, turn them into basic mirrors that reflect, the whole 9 yards, you can make advanced walls with Sector Mode, which allows you to seperate 2 rooms, which the way of different polygons are made, Sector Mode allows you to make water, lava, instant kill lava, cold water, and some other stuff, it also allows you to change gravity, and add fog/haze, you can switch though 5 different modes, by hitting one of the keys: e, p. s, makin new world object, and pressing ,. Where the various modes ends here, but that isnt all...

Various View Modes. There are 10 different view mods, they are the numbers on the numpad, but I havnt used the Serious Sam Editor in awhile, so I forgot, but I remember my favorites, the fullscreen modes, which have to offer regular view, with entities you dont see ingame, along with another that will show you what will be seen ingame, theres also a surface mode for lights, all white, good for doing the light setup(In most of my maps I use this, its a favorite), a 3d line mode, where you see just world colored lines, no textures, always white, along with a good mode, shows lines in the actual view of lvl ingame, 6 will be for the ingame actual view, 9 will be the favored in editor, where you can use it to select the entities you dont see ingame, I forgot the lightmode, and line modes, but I know for fact that 0-3 is 4 windows, sometimes I use 2 windows...

Hotkeys. I usually set the hotkeys for the various directories, the Enities first, 1 for entities, 2 for adv entities, and 3 for hidden entities(IF I SUPPLY THEM IN VTREE), 4 for enemies, and 5 for hidden enemies(IF I SUPPLY THEM IN VTREE), and 6-0 the texture pages, for quick getback after using another, it makes life easier, and adjust a vtree to your liking, then you will be ok in the editor...