PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone can help me!

Ephemerion
01-25-2003, 05:55 PM
I was installing Icewind Dale and for some reason my computer went through a premature shutdown during installation, and now that half the game is installed it allows me to choose the play feature which naturally doesn't work because the entire game had yet to be installed, the worst part is that it won't let me uninstall it either because those features apparently weren't installed yet? How can I get around this, or remove the entire game from the registryso it tries to install a new "complete" version?

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

I hope this is not a sign that I shouldn't play any other games than SSSE.

Oh yah, I have been playing the single player mode in UT2003, but the friggin multiplayer screen only has options for LAN, it has no other multiplayer tabs like Deathmatch or Bombing Run? Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks guys,

Ephemerion

OUTLAWS Spike
01-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Sorry Bro I'm no help. :bandhead:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-25-2003, 06:10 PM
open your program file and manually delete the folder.
Have you tried that?

Nobody
01-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Look on the cd for setup.exe instead of from the autorun menu and run that.

Grimmy
01-25-2003, 07:36 PM
you might try seeing if the install has a repair feature on it. I have seen that on some cd's, like if you have a bad file or missing one, you can repair the program so that you can remove or uninstall it, and then reinstall a fresh copy of it. Otherwise, you could try to install over top of it, and see what that does for ya :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
01-25-2003, 08:49 PM
I would do what Whocares said and just delete the whole directory that it created when it installed.

As far as UT gies - have you put in the latest patch?

Grimmy
01-25-2003, 08:52 PM
what is the latest patch?? And how do I tell if I got it?

Ephemerion
01-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, that solved that problem but now I'm experience a totally different one but I think I can chalk this problem up to a defective disk or data somewhere.

As for the UT, I don't think I have latest patch but what I do have is "getting booted" 10 -20 seconds after I start because of a similar cd key (I have no idea why this is happening :jammin: )

Perhaps someone can lend a gentle word towards this eager but floundering individual.

Oh btw if you think I was good sniping on SSSE wait till you get a load of me in UT, yeeeehaaaaaaaaa! :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
01-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Now i am scared.
You trock in ss I can't wait till play you in UT