PDA

View Full Version : Transfering items between chars

SIFI
01-25-2003, 11:08 PM
i found this on a site
Here's the secret to safely transfering items on a single computer.
First  Create your game, if you will be transferring the item(s) to a lower level character, make sure you create the game in NORMAL so your character can enter the game.   Also, don't set any level requirements (DOH).   Password protect the game and write down the game name and password so you don't forget.

Second  Go get a coffee, have a pee, etc.   You have 5 mins+ to kill.

Third, after you are sure it has been at least 5 mins, chuck your items on the ground, exit the game, switch chars and reenter the game.   Obviously pick up your items at this point.

The key to this is the 5 mins.   After 5 mins the game you are in is saved on Blizzards servers, allowing you to exit and reenter the game safely.   Another key is speed, don't waste time in switching chars.   I don't know exactly how long the game will last with no one in it because I don't piss around switching.   I do know that there is enough time to create a new account and char before rejoining the game if you need to.

In all the transfers I have done, I have only once ever lost items, and that was when the server went down.   It is always a risk, but it is minimal.

I recommend that you practice this transferring method a couple of times before trying it with your windforce :-)

i tried it with a el rune and it worked. i wouldent do it now becuse i almost didnt make it. battlenet crashes every time you leave a game and sometimes it takes a while before you can get back in.