PDA

View Full Version : WoW

Skylen
11-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Since I don't have access to other areas, and I've only seen one suggestion made by many, here's the server I'm going with unless someone else says another:

Time Zone: CST TIME ZONE
Server Name: ILLIDAN
Realm: ALLIANCE

p.s. SOrry if this thread doesn't belong here. =)

Skylen
11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok, I give up, last night one of my mages went LD, and took over an hour to get back on cause queue of people wanting to get on the server was at 800 something, so scratch that.. heh

Grimmy
11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Any screen shots? Imagine it will be like that for a while. 800 per server isn't that many, especially if you have a buffbot.

Mr Clean
11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
I tried WoW during the Beta, and I was not all that impressed with it. The graphics are not nearly as good as people are raving about....

Skylen
11-24-2004, 07:12 PM
EQ2 graphics were better, and no, no screenshots yet, I don't even know how to take any.. lol And there is a leveling cap I don't like either, I take on mobs 4 level higher then me, and I get 1 more exp point, then if I take on mobs same level a kill... Grrrrrr....

OUTLAWS Spike
11-26-2004, 05:53 PM
WoW does'nt sound too wow :P

Now get ur arse back to DAoC and lead some more ML's :thumbs:

Skylen
11-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Hurt ya all later!!! =) I do like my mages though, first shot at pbaoe finally, and I just crack up.. lol

Eleryn
12-01-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm loving WoW. Probably won't even buy Catacombs now. Maybe someday when it's $9.99 at Walmart LOL. The graphics looks great to me, at least they blow DAOC away. And SWG for that matter. I never played EQ/EQ2. Here's a link to a screenshot of my night elf in the temple of her capital city (I sized it down a little from my default 1680x1050!):

http://intrepid.galaxyforums.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=9018

Obligatory shot of me using the transportation system (well, one of the systems):

http://intrepid.galaxyforums.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=9017

Oh, by the way, some of us from Crazy 8s are playing on Kilrogg (west coast). Alliance, obviously. I think a few other folks have toons on one of the PvP servers, but I don't know which it is. My main (the night elf) is on Lothar (east cost). :)

OZZYOGRE
12-01-2004, 11:09 PM
I am on thunderlord central and have never had to wait in que

Crafting is fun. You get two professions, and you can also do fishing, cooking and first aid I believe. So you can always have heals for yourself. My favorite part is the way you die. If you die you have 2 options. A)Release your spirit and come to life and your armor loses 25% dur, which you just get repaired really quick. B) Go back to where you died, and your spirit will be in the same zone, not really far away, and resurect yourself. Its really cool if you wanna get to a point but mobs are in your way. You just run through the mobs as far as you can and then die. Come back get past them because they don't attack you when you are a ghost and resurect yourself.

I honestly think the graphics are great. Catacombs graphics are pretty crappy in beta, as in the pixels and such, but I am sure at launch they will be better. Granted this game does have more of a sense of humor to it. It uses speech in it, so say you /cheer someone, you do the motion plus scream woohoo. Its not for everyone, but honestly its much more geared to the casual player. You really don't need a group to level. True it goes a lil quicker because you can do harder things early, but it really doesn't take much at all. I haven't grouped at all, play about 2 hours a day and am already level 20. I love DAOC, but for me its gotten to be like a piece of bread that has been sitting on your counter for about 2 months. Stale, dry and you really don't want to touch it.

With WoW its a whole new world of exploring and fun. Its not logging in 2 or 3 accounts, getting all buffed up. Running around for an hour just to find one person to kill. All buffs are on a timer, so no need for a bot either, so only 1 account required :) .

OUTLAWS Spike
12-02-2004, 02:05 AM
Ozzy how much does it cost to play this game per account per month?

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Spike from the website it looks like a 15 buck month to month fee.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-02-2004, 02:41 AM
Are there guides available?
Whats a good class to WTF own things. I hear things about a PVP and Pve servers. Are there both types combined.
Why play on the CST server instead of a EST server?
Why choose the alliance over the Horde guys?
Tell me more.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
12-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Spike here is a link.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

OZZYOGRE
12-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Its 14.99 a month, but really no need for more than one account. The servers really don't mean much est, cst etc. There are people on my server all day long. I picked a warrior, which is like a armsman/beserker. You can use a 2 hand weapon, weapon/shield or dual wield. And you are just as good at all of them. You have shouts, chants, charge to go after casters. But other classes are great too. Hunters can charm pets which is cool. Rouges are really neat as well, as they can outdamage any class in the game in melee, but you have to land combos and such. Priests are healers, but its cool because they are great fighters as well. Warlocks are kinda like spiritmasters as they summon pets and they can cast. Paladins heal really really good and are great tanks. Mages are damage dealers but the cool thing is with all classes you can cast while being hit unless you are stunned. Druids can morph into different animals. They can be healer animals, tank animals and healer animals. They aren't the best at any, but they can be all so they are very versatile.

Alliance have humans, night elfs, dwarfs and gnomes.

Horde has undead, troll, orcs and taurs.

They are both about the same, all classes races are really balanced. Picking between the two is more how you wanna play. Each race gets racial traits no matter what your class. Like night elfs can stealth but they can't move at all.

Like I said, absolutely no reason to have more than one account, unless you want to. If I can get fraps working I will try to make a video to show you some of the stuff. Its definitely not for everyone, but I am enjoying my time there so far.

And your first month is free.

OZZYOGRE
12-02-2004, 03:37 AM
the one thing you have to remember was when DAOC was in beta and coming out it was orignially just gonna be alb/hib...mid added at the last moment. PVP will happen, and I have experienced it so far, really fun solo because its not like you are 2 or 3 hit. I fought an enemy for like 3 mins today.

Also the herald didn't have the whole rp list in the beginning either, like who has the most and what not. People will want it in WoW and I am sure they will get it.

Skylen
12-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I still remember when DAoC had no RA's or anything beneficial from killing other players....

And I agree, you don't need multiple accounts unless you need more cash quickly... I'm playing a pally, and 4 mages.. They do make quests a lot easier, but most everything they do, can be done by solo people, will just take a little more time.

My problem is the game is quest driven, you can do quests all the way to 60, and they give you anywhere from 1- 3 bubs in DAoC lingo per quest. Killing mobs, whether it one person or 5 gives you the same amount of experience, and if I kill a mob 5 levels higher, or 2 levels higher, the difference in exp is only a point or 2... And quests that involve collecting items, each of my toons has to collect the item one at a time, not like DAoC where everyone gets one in their inv for a kill..

As for PvE and PvP there really isn't much difference... Even on the PvP server, the starting areas, and areas close by aren't PvP flagged. Only if a player from the opposite faction comes over into the land and attacks a NPC can PvP happen in those areas. Only thing I can tell is PvP server has more areas of flagged PvP combat...

And as for Illidan, well supposedly it is going to be the most active server in PvP battles, so I don't mind waiting out the queues which are getting smaller, and ya, the server is crowded and lots of people on all the time...

Skylen

OZZYOGRE
12-02-2004, 05:09 PM
There is tons of PvP action already especially when Horde are trying to take boats in wetlands to Darkshore. Should run your mages out to Menethil Harbor :)