PDA

View Full Version : PS2 on the internet HOW????

PlatinumFragMaster
01-29-2003, 11:01 PM
I recently purchased the Expansion for the ps2 for the internet

i was just wondering how to set it up

i have it in the ps2 i just dont know how to get my dsl connection i use for my comps. to the ps2

do i just split the cables and run it to the ps2 or how do i do it??

SALvation
01-30-2003, 01:20 AM
The easiest way is to buy a router. That way you can have your PC and PS2 plugged into the net at the same time and use them both. It is also the easiest setup as all you do is plug the cord into the router.

If you don't have a router, the next easiest thing is to unplug the cable modem from your PC and put it into your PS2. All settings should be found automatically.

If you still want to be on both your PC and PS2 and don't want a router, you will have to ask someone else how to setup your PC as the server. I forgot how.

PlatinumFragMaster
01-30-2003, 01:34 AM
thnx for the info

PlatinumFragMaster
01-30-2003, 01:35 AM
found it very usefull hope to play u sometime

The Matrix
02-16-2003, 04:00 AM
I was also wondering if u need something special in ur PC to use the INTERNET adapter?

The Matrix
03-15-2003, 08:13 PM
When will somebody respond to this post?

HAMMER
03-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Well, if you are going to connect to your PC rather than a router, then you need a network card in your PC, and at least one other internet connection, whether it be by modem or digital. In the case of digital, you need TWO network cards in your PC. That's what I do.

One network card gets it's IP from your cable modem (or dsl), and the other one is set to static, and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is enabled. Then just hook the PS2 to the same network that the local static IP is on, and you're set.

There aren't that many good online games tho. NBA Live 2003 lags like a mofo and Tribes is harder than sh*t to aim because of the PS2 controller. But ATV Offroad Fury 2 is downright righteous online! :)