PDA

View Full Version : Great movie featuring Smooth!

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
01-23-2005, 12:51 AM
I happened to be looking around on the Atari forums and I came across this movie (http://badct.4players.de:1337/dlredir.php3?id=2490&type=file) that was just released today. It features some of the very best players from North America (Ra, Dawgpound, Gimix, Combat Carl) and more importantly, it features one of our forum members, Smooth! I highly recommend this movie, it has some incredibly difficult frags from the best agaisnt the best. It also includes a solid music track which really makes the movie shine. I highly recommend downloading it - you won't be disappointed. :thumbs:

(By the way, great frag at the end Smooth. One of those frags where you stop dead in your tracks after you make it. Awesome!)

Pure_Evil
01-23-2005, 03:53 AM
:thumbs: good flick ;)

EXEcution
01-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Pretty good vid, much better than the first one, quality is probably the best part of the vid. There isn't much editing and all the effects are prety standard (by my standrads of course)

Aries
01-23-2005, 09:15 PM
UT2k4 :woohoo:

JIMINATOR
01-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Pretty good vid, much better than the first one, quality is probably the best part of the vid. There isn't much editing and all the effects are prety standard (by my standrads of course)

special effects don't make a video. its the content. too many special effects can overall detract from the video. It becomes not "look at what these guys can do" but "wow! look at what I can do with a movie editing program!" You would not go see a movie where the entire movie goes from one special effect sequence to another and that all all the entire movie is about. Take that as a gentle hint....

EXEcution
01-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Maybe not for you jim, but i've seen ALOT of vids, and i have come to expect something a bit more creative each time, content was pretty decent, but nothing really made me go "OMG WTF".
By editing i dont mean just effects, these guys could have made/used/requested server side demos, that allow different angles, instead of the same, no weapon draw, shots.
the last part of the vid was also just video with music in the background, no synch between the two, i mean when the songs drops or hits a hard beat somethign needs to happen on screen to reflect that, otherwise there isn't any flow.
editing is just as important as content, and both are equally hard to pull off.

merkwannabe
01-24-2005, 02:04 AM
I thought it was really good.. Nice editting and I was impressed by the shots. In Sam it's pretty hard to say "wow, that's a nice shot" without experiencing it... I especially liked the last song! "mia ha!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, congrats Smooth... I didn't know you were a celebrity.. I'd play ya, but I'm too noobeh.

PJ'l_Master
01-24-2005, 04:54 AM
omg...this friggen thing wont Download fast enough...ahhh lol

Pathos
01-24-2005, 05:01 AM
That was tres cool! Smooth movie, if you'll pardon the pun. I especially like the use of Woad to Ruin to open the flick; King Arthur may not have been the best of movies, but Zimmer's soundtrack was inspired, and that track in particular is a favourite of mine.

Oh, and i'm with Merk - that O-Zone song was hilarious. Good stuff.

Cheers for the link, 9. [flicks sombrero]

Pure_Evil
01-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Maybe not for you jim, but i've seen ALOT of vids, and i have come to expect something a bit more creative each time, content was pretty decent, but nothing really made me go "OMG WTF".
By editing i dont mean just effects, these guys could have made/used/requested server side demos, that allow different angles, instead of the same, no weapon draw, shots.
the last part of the vid was also just video with music in the background, no synch between the two, i mean when the songs drops or hits a hard beat somethign needs to happen on screen to reflect that, otherwise there isn't any flow.
editing is just as important as content, and both are equally hard to pull off.

I think jim was trying to be nice to you bro, so lighten up and stop comparing everyone's movies to yours, like yours should be the measuing stick for game movies :rolleyes: Frankly, I think it was pathos who made the best SSSE video yet, and I could host a Gummi movie that Gold[Gummibear] made a few years back that to me, is the measuring stick for gaming movies.

Try to be a bit more humble Ex, or maybe Jim, myself and a few others may put your next flick under a microscope when you ask for opinions :D

EXEcution
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Try to be a bit more humble Ex, or maybe Jim, myself and a few others may put your next flick under a microscope when you ask for opinions :D
well thats EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!111
everyone posts, good jobr or nice movie, but there's always room for improvement, i'd be glad is someone ripped my movie to threads by critisizing every aspect. Isn't that the point?
I didnt compare tha movie to mine at all, but there are better ut2004/2003 movies out there.
I wont say this movie was any better or worse that mine, i edit my movies my own way.

Pure_Evil
01-24-2005, 01:30 PM
well thats EXACTLY WHAT I WANT!!111
everyone posts, good jobr or nice movie, but there's always room for improvement, i'd be glad is someone ripped my movie to threads by critisizing every aspect. Isn't that the point?
I didnt compare tha movie to mine at all, but there are better ut2004/2003 movies out there.
I wont say this movie was any better or worse that mine, i edit my movies my own way.

Good answer :thumbs: :D

EXEcution
01-24-2005, 01:31 PM
im teh genuis

Pure_Evil
01-24-2005, 01:42 PM
im teh genuis
don't push your luck :rolleyes: :P :D

BlackWolf
01-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Great video way better quality that the SS movies i seen so far :D