PDA

View Full Version : UT2k4 won't work, can't even uninstall!

SoulReaver
01-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok, I haven't playe dUT2k4 since like September, and that was just a mod. I decided to try it out again but then when I try to start it up I get this error:

The application or DLL C:\UT2004\System\Xgame.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

When I press ok I get another error that says the same thing. WHen I click it it says the same thing again but instead of saying Xgame.dll it says Editor.dll. The third type of file it says is XInterface.dll Then the last one is Onslaught.dll. When I get through clicking through all these errors that appear twice for each file this comes up: Critical Error: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1843 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 SERIES (6476)
General protection fault!
History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Oh yeah when I try to uninstall it says :Uninstaller failed to launch. Then it says where it is located which I am too lazy to type. I check that area out and I don't find even a Temp Folder. That is where it said it is supposed to be located. I then remembered all my computer User Profiles had been erased somehow a few months earlier. So I think thats why the uninstaller is gone.

Pure_Evil
01-24-2005, 03:55 PM
do you own the disk, or is it a "borrowed" copy?

SoulReaver
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah I bought it, though I can't find it lol.

Fragetti
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Hmm... What happen to my post? oh well

If you find your disk. copy the contens of the system folder on the cd to the system folder of your hard drive. if that dont work reinstall it over top of what there. that way you can keep the maps and mod you installed. if all else fails delete the sk2004 folder and reinstall the game. you should install the lastest patch after the install. I think its 3329 or something
Frag