PDA

View Full Version : ArenaMaster

Warhead
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Arwen posted on this mod a few weeks back, but I only just a few days ago downloaded and tried it out. I must say, I like it. I haven't been able to play it under ideal circumstances (hard to get enough real people in there to get rid of all the bots), but it's still fun.

The mod is called ArenaMaster (team-based version is Team ArenaMaster), or AM (TAM for team version). It's a take on Last Man Standing. All players spawn with the same amount of ammo and health/armor. There are no pickups or powerups, so what you start with is all you have. You fight the other players, and the last player standing wins the round and scores a point. This is where it gets interesting. When the next round starts, everyone spawns with the same amount of health/armor EXCEPT the one who won the last round, who starts with a reduced amount of health/armor. How much health/armor is taken off a player at the start is determined by how many points he/she has, so that players who excel early on will have a harder time in the laters rounds since they will have less health/armor.

Since there are no pickups or powerups, map control in that respect is eliminated as a factor. You also don't have to worry about securing your favorite weapon (unless your favorite weapon is a superweapon), since you spawn with it. Since you have limited ammo, the mod forces you to learn to adapt and use other weapons once you run out of ammo for your favorite. It also encourages proper weapon selection for a given situation, since you don't want to run out of ammo for weapons too quick, and you want to make every shot count.

The Team ArenaMaster is essentially the same, but teams score points rather than individuals. The team to which the last man standing belongs scores a point, and the entire team starts with reduced health/armor the next round. The default score to win is 5 rounds for AM, 10 rounds for TAM.

This mod is installed on our Steel Tempest server (ut2004://69.12.68.197), and there are MapVote options set up for 6-player AM and 8-player TAM. It's on the redirect as well, so feel free to drop in and try it out.

If you prefer to test it out offline, you can get it from the mod's home site: http://www.3spn.com/.

Happy Fragging!

Fragetti
02-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Hmm.... Looks cool Ill have to check it out. Did anyone try or see the mod Air Buccaneers ?

http://www.unrealtournament2004.co.uk/index.php?start_from=225&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

Fragetti
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Hmm.... Looks cool Ill have to check it out.
Thanks Warhead :)

Did anyone try or see the mod Air Buccaneers ?

http://www.unrealtournament2004.co.uk/index.php?start_from=225&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&

Graghics are nice got to mess with it some more to see if I like it

Warhead
02-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Did anyone try or see the mod Air Buccaneers?
I've heard of it, but haven't played it. Interesting, though... from their website...

Air Buccaneers will be packaged with the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Choice Edition, and this is the final candidate before the formal release on 10th September.
I have the retail ECE CD... I'll have to check if Air Buccaneers is on there.

Fragetti
02-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Warhead
I setup a server. :) We will have to play soon. On a good day I might get 6 players ping ok. Test it out. If we get enough interest I will set it up on the DS server.
Frag

Server set to Default settings
65.78.111.239:7777
pass = dsf.