PDA

View Full Version : Presenting: Western Mass. LAN Party 1

Caged Anger
02-04-2005, 01:12 AM
hehe, put together a very small LAN party with a couple friends and din't know if you had any suggestions. Only going to be a 5 way switch with 4 people having a doom II marathon coop style. Anybody have suggestions for potential issues?

Alos, the main attraction is going to be a computer case being rocketed off in the field with about 6 model rocket engines strapped to it. (been wanting to get them out from under my bed...has be nervous they may go off, lol)

Will make sure to post many pictures and hopefully a short film of the launching. Going off sometime btwn the 22 and 25th of Feb.

unforgiven
02-04-2005, 02:12 AM
umm yeah heres a suggestion..well a prayer. i pray that u live in the country cause ur going to send something into the air and not know where its going to come down. be carefull lol. I can see it now old grandma sitting in rocking chair when outer space computer case falls into lap rofl!

Mad Fox
02-04-2005, 02:16 AM
umm yeah heres a suggestion..well a prayer. i pray that u live in the country cause ur going to send something into the air and not know where its going to come down. be carefull lol. I can see it now old grandma sitting in rocking chair when outer space computer case falls into lap rofl!

Don’t worry most of Berkshire County is farmland and field.

unforgiven
02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
aaaahhhhh ok! :thumbs: i thought it would be sweet lol! :D

merkwannabe
02-04-2005, 05:31 AM
lol...

Caged Anger
02-04-2005, 10:32 PM
yeah, and the engines only go up maybe....100....150 ft? and thats with a feather-light paper rocket so I doubt this case will get any more than 100 ft off the ground, even with 6 engines attached to it, lol

SHOTGUNmaniac
02-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Will still be worth a laugh....lol

NightBreed
02-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Maybe I'll come up and check it out !! :)

Caged Anger
02-07-2005, 03:33 AM
oh god, i forgot he lives that close...hehe, always welcome man, although, good luck finding me

NightBreed
02-07-2005, 03:36 AM
oh god, i forgot he lives that close...hehe, always welcome man, although, good luck finding me

Hehe..I'll just listen for the sirens and follow the Fire Dept. !! :D

Caged Anger
02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
LOL, okay, tuche, hehe

JIMINATOR
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah, and the engines only go up maybe....100....150 ft? and thats with a feather-light paper rocket so I doubt this case will get any more than 100 ft off the ground, even with 6 engines attached to it, lol

lol, you guys must not have flown rockets. 6 engines may move the case, but i doubt it will get off of the ground.

which reminds me of a childhood rocket story. I was watching a neighbor play with a couple of them. He had scraped all of the material out of them and then lit it. It burned up in a big poof - and his eyebrows were singed off. That could have been a lot worse... :D

Caged Anger
02-07-2005, 11:17 PM
exactly why the battery to set the...6...no...11 engines off will be at least 20ft from the launch area. And in the event that we cannot get the thing into the heavens (of course, who would want the evil thing in heaven anyway?) we have a bonfire ready to go in case we need to burn it at the stake...WITH MARSHMELLOWS!!!

Mad Fox
02-08-2005, 01:34 AM
exactly why the battery to set the...6...no...11 engines off will be at least 20ft from the launch area. And in the event that we cannot get the thing into the heavens (of course, who would want the evil thing in heaven anyway?) we have a bonfire ready to go in case we need to burn it at the stake...WITH MARSHMELLOWS!!!

Metallic flavored Marshmallows

Caged Anger
02-13-2005, 03:51 AM
UPDATE:

The Case is too heavy for takeoff, weighing in at about 30 pounds. The plan is now for the motherboard to get launched and we are toasting the case.

unforgiven
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
hahah nice...look out below!!!!!

Caged Anger
02-19-2005, 01:40 AM
okay, yet another update:

LAN Party set for this Tuesday. Hop[e to have film ready for uploading by next Saturday. Just need to find a site to upload to...

Mad Fox
02-25-2005, 02:08 PM
The lanparty was a success

Caged Anger
02-27-2005, 02:30 AM
okay, next time somebody finds me in a quake server, you have full liberty to shoot me in the back.

I forgot to post the final update. As fox said, the party was a success with a few glitches. The rockets didn't go off with the exception of 1. Aparently rocket engines have an experation date because they didn't even go off when thrown in the burning barrel. 2. Doom II didn't last long because we all got bored out of our minds playing it. and 3. The footage will not be posted because it isn't worth seeing. It came out rather jumbled so we will nix it this time and be better prepared for next time.

Here's to Western Mass. LAN Party 2!!!

Mad Fox
02-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I can't wait