PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NHL!

Pure_Evil
02-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Season over! (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20050216/ts_nm/nhl_dc)

:down: No hockey this year! Owners said 42 million cap, players said 49 mill.. GG, well, Game over!

Anyone care? Will the ones who do, want to watch IF they start next year?

Personally, I hope the league folds, and a new one forms that's fan friendly! $45 for a bad seat to watch to mediocre teams play? maybe more? :down:

GG players, GG owners!

Oh well, Spring training is here :D

JIMINATOR
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
eh, i suspect that this is just another bargaining ploy. all sports suck. far too many of them (owners & player) are greedy bastards and poor role models to boot. want to lay odds that they will have some sort of playing season?

FUS1ON
02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Hate to see any sport get disrupted by greed, I feel sorry for you hockey fans. :(

BTW: The NASCAR season starts Sunday @ Daytona! :thumbs:

SALvation
02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
There are few people that I honestly wish were dead, but Goodenow and Bettman would do a great service to the human race if they would both kill themselves immediately.

ME BIGGD01
02-17-2005, 02:15 AM
it would of been great to see the nhl do what the nfl did a few years ago. i enjoyed watching regular people play who just loved the sport. we fans still got to cheer for our team.

BobtheCkroach
02-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Season over! (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20050216/ts_nm/nhl_dc)

:down: No hockey this year! Owners said 42 million cap, players said 49 mill.. GG, well, Game over!

Anyone care? Will the ones who do, want to watch IF they start next year?

Personally, I hope the league folds, and a new one forms that's fan friendly! $45 for a bad seat to watch to mediocre teams play? maybe more? :down:

GG players, GG owners!

Oh well, Spring training is here :D

Ya beat me to it, darnit! My exact announcement was gonna be "Woo-hoo! No NHL!" but you were close enough.

Mr Clean
02-17-2005, 04:34 AM
There are few people that I honestly wish were dead, but Goodenow and Bettman would do a great service to the human race if they would both kill themselves immediately.

Ditto. :thumbs:

Death Engineer
02-17-2005, 03:07 PM
NCAA Basketball FTW!!

Warhead
02-17-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't give a rat's ass. Professional athletes are so grossly overpaid, they could stop working for five years and be fine - just might have to sell a couple of their mansions.