PDA

View Full Version : Dell 24" Widescreen LCD - $1004 shipped

SALvation
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Another awesome LCD deal from Dell. These new LCDs are as big as they come and have some sweet specs.

9-in-1 Card Reader
Component inputs
Picture in Picture
4 USB ports
1920x1200 native resolution
12ms response

Monitor - $1079.10 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?TabPage=producthighlights&sku=320-4221&c=us&l=en&cs=19)
$75 off coupon - ?LBP9VN9BDDFT2
Free shipping

Total: $1004.10 shipped + tax (if applicable)

JIMINATOR
03-02-2005, 07:34 PM
wipes drool from mouth....

Slice
03-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Sounds nice but I am such not a dell person. My Sony rules. :D I guess I am a bit biased though since I have 2 Sony receivers a Sony DVD player a Sony plasma, 2 Sony portable cd players, a sony home theatre system, a sony phone. LOL. I am sure the Dell looks sweet too.

::: DARK PSI :::
03-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Actually I am a big Sony guy as well. Everything I own is Sony and I was VEEEERY tempted by the Sony 23" screen they had displayed at the Sony store near me. Sal found this screen at Dell, which launched March 1st. With all the options and quality, this screen puts sony to shame.

Here is a link to my thread with pics. This screen is worth its weight in gold.. even though it is very light. :)

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?p=585942&posted=1#post585942

Sounds nice but I am such not a dell person. My Sony rules. :D I guess I am a bit biased though since I have 2 Sony receivers a Sony DVD player a Sony plasma, 2 Sony portable cd players, a sony home theatre system, a sony phone. LOL. I am sure the Dell looks sweet too.

Slice
03-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Actually I am a big Sony guy as well. Everything I own is Sony and I was VEEEERY tempted by the Sony 23" screen they had displayed at the Sony store near me. Sal found this screen at Dell, which launched March 1st. With all the options and quality, this screen puts sony to shame.

Here is a link to my thread with pics. This screen is worth its weight in gold.. even though it is very light. :)

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?p=585942&posted=1#post585942I disagree since the resolutions are the same yet Dell has stretched it out one more inch diagonal. Which makes the pixels larger physically. When I bought my screen it wasn't a question of mullah, it was quality. I would put my Sony up against a Dell any day. I guess when you get in to high end monitors it is really just opinion. I still say my Sony owns joo. (Also I will stay out of that thread not to rain on your parade, but from what I am hearing it isn't a true 12ms response time, but it varies between 12 and 16. Not that it really matters much since you can't tell the difference anyways.)

Slice
03-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Here are pictures to defend my Sony. These are not screenshots yet pictures I took of the screen.

03-06-2005, 05:55 AM
I have seen the Sonys and actually I was considering buying the one you have. The brightness ration 1000:1 is extremely bright on the dell and I did not see the same on the Sony. Also the dell comes with a ton more options like the built in card readers and stuff. I am not knocking your monitor slice.. i am just saying the Dell one I have ownz a lot of what Sony is putting out. At least this monitor ownz some of the similiar Sony products. Let's see $2000 or $1000 for pretty much the same monitor but the $1000 monitor has more options. Dell just came late to the game. If they would have took a few more months, I would have owned the Sony. Either way they are both great monitors.

I am also definetely not saying that Dell's plasmas even come close to Sony's however. My eyes are still on Sony's 50"+ plasma for my family room later this year.

Slice
03-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I have seen the Sonys and actually I was considering buying the one you have. The brightness ration 1000:1 is extremely bright on the dell and I did not see the same on the Sony. Also the dell comes with a ton more options like the built in card readers and stuff. I am not knocking your monitor slice.. i am just saying the Dell one I have ownz a lot of what Sony is putting out. At least this monitor ownz some of the similiar Sony products. Let's see $2000 or $1000 for pretty much the same monitor but the $1000 monitor has more options. Dell just came late to the game. If they would have took a few more months, I would have owned the Sony. Either way they are both great monitors.

I am also definetely not saying that Dell's plasmas even come close to Sony's however. My eyes are still on Sony's 50"+ plasma for my family room later this year.
I will be polite and congratulate you one your choice of screens. However their claim of contrast ratio of 1000.1 is just horsesh1t. Go to Extremetech and read the review, it scored a 16ms response time and a 600.1 ratio. As far as having card readers in my monitor, I don't wish to touch my monitor. I have 7 built in to my printer and 5 built in to my case (how many do I really need). Also you mentioned it is twice as much, I paid $1600 delivered for my Sony.

I will say they gave your monitor a 9 out of 10 on the review at Extremetech though. The monitor seems great but I just like that fact that the word SONY is glowing underneath mine. I don't know how much you played around with the Sony Screen but the on screen menu is far superior to your Dell.

03-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Well their claim of a 1000:1 maybe "horse****" to ExtremeTech, but I was just rehashing what their specs said. I personally don't really care since the screen is bright enough. The white alone is blinding.

As far as the 12ms vs 16ms... who cares. Both are fine for gaming. Again I was simply going off of the specs on their site.

Finally, I did like the glowing Sony name as well, but I personally do not think that is worth $600+. As far as the screen menu... Are you kidding me? I think I go into that menu like once a month. LOL!

So have we stroked both of our egos enough now Slice? :-p

Slice
03-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Well their claim of a 1000:1 maybe "horse****" to ExtremeTech, but I was just rehashing what their specs said. I personally don't really care since the screen is bright enough. The white alone is blinding.

As far as the 12ms vs 16ms... who cares. Both are fine for gaming. Again I was simply going off of the specs on their site.

Finally, I did like the glowing Sony name as well, but I personally do not think that is worth $600+. As far as the screen menu... Are you kidding me? I think I go into that menu like once a month. LOL!

So have we stroked both of our egos enough now Slice? :-p
No, how much do you make a year beotch???? Kidding. Really I am glad you sold out to Dell and can no longer be in the Sony club along with me. :P I am sure your monitor is just as nice as mine. Good luck with it, but I do have to add one thing, Dude you got a Dell..... LOL :runs his fingers through PSI's hair to comfort him:

03-07-2005, 02:55 AM
Well either way... both monitors serve up pr0n very well! :)

Slice
03-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Well either way... both monitors serve up pr0n very well! :)Fo Shizzle my Nizzle! You know what else I love is how many damn files you can see at one time on the screen.

03-08-2005, 02:37 AM
:D

Fo Shizzle my Nizzle! You know what else I love is how many damn files you can see at one time on the screen.