PDA

View Full Version : croc tear ring question

Grimmy
03-11-2005, 01:21 AM
I have heard from others a little about this.

Guess what I am asking is like if my cleric had this ring, would he have aoe speed then? Or would I have to get it on my sorc for aoe speed?

I am looking for speed 5 without a minstrel (not sure if that can be done)

Saretta
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
The class with speed has to have the croc ring. If u give it a sorc it would produce sorc aoe speed. You can't get minstrel speed 5 without a minstrel.

Yetti
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
The ring amplifies the group pulsing effects as AoE to realmmates. It's not a ring of speed, it's a ring of AoE Group effects...

Your cleric has PARTIAL use of the artifact because it does not have pulsing effects. The reason the ring is so popular is mainly due to the 5% damage absorb. Nice to take less damage off of a nuke, I'm working on getting it for my cleric and fixing the template again. The Paladin is an exception, his pulsing chants do not affect realmmates, though the bard's do.... go figure:P

Speed 5 is available only to the 3 speed classes in the game. To get effects LIKE Speed 5 with casters, you'd need Sprint (Caster 4 + Sprint 1 = Speed 5). If it's possible or necessary, you can get ra's to increase or reset your end bar (Long Wind, 2nd Wind, Tireless).

Most albions who are privledged enough to run in an rvr group with a (2h) pally usually run on minstrel speed + sprint; that is Speed 6. 2 bard hib groups, and mid groups(usually with all longwind 1) with high aug shaman use this more effectively because their toons who run end don't use power from a pool to do so. Speed 6 is quite a nice advantage because it offers more room to maneuver against groups without it.