PDA

View Full Version : Deep thought

Slice
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I think I am losing my mind lately. How many of you have ever done this. You will be driving down the road hmm let's say for about 5 to 10 minutes and you are totally thinking about something else then all of the sudden you are like omg did I just drive those last 10 miles I can't remember it. Or how about this, when you are taking a shower and have a lot on your mind (nothing dirty) and you can't remember if you shampooed your hair or not so you just rewash it anyway. I am only 30, this stuff isn't supposed to be happening to me yet. :bawling:

Warhead
03-11-2005, 02:57 PM
I hate it when I'm falling asleep, or sleeping, and having a really interesting dream (not necessarily dirty) and I get half-woken by something stupid. I try to remember what I was dreaming about so I can continue dreaming about it, but most of the time I forget, then I go back to sleep pissed off, which can't be healthy.

FUS1ON
03-11-2005, 03:33 PM
From what I can remember, that's how it all starts. :)

T I K
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Hmm Un2 dont really know, but I can say I have occasionally had somewhat of a sim experience. Where I am working, concentrating or deeply involved in something and totally forget something else that I was to do, or needed to do that day and that brings on the major arggg !!!

Not to make excuses, but psychologically speaking, man/men tend to have tunnel vision, derived primarily from our primal or our neanderthal beginings!

That is to say that, "men" in our primal times, and in the sheer harshness of those times had to devote ones complete mind and attention on accomplishing single endeavours like hunting. or the kill or be killed, for his and his group/ familys own existance, just so that he and they might survive!

That be the reason why most pschological pps will tell you that women are better at multi-tasking than men are! Because of the fact that they had many things, like kids, clothes, food etc that they tended to, or had to focous on !

And this inate mind set carries over in all of us, to this very day, in sometimes undesirable, yet very similar ways .............

The only thing you can do for "this", is to be more conciously aware of that fact, and try and make some occasional mental adjustments!! ;)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes (Slice), the same thing happens to me. My job has gotten easier now, so it doesn't happen as much.
It's a combination of stress and lack of sleep IMO. :)

Alexis SC430
03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Oh, don't worry Slice, I space out more times than I can remember in order to count every day.

I heard it is actually a mild form of epilepsy.

It has nearly gotten me in quite a few car accidents. I am not sure if it gets better or worse as the years progress. I'm pretty sure worse.

He Is Legend
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I think I am losing my mind lately. How many of you have ever done this. You will be driving down the road hmm let's say for about 5 to 10 minutes and you are totally thinking about something else then all of the sudden you are like omg did I just drive those last 10 miles I can't remember it. Or how about this, when you are taking a shower and have a lot on your mind (nothing dirty) and you can't remember if you shampooed your hair or not so you just rewash it anyway. I am only 30, this stuff isn't supposed to be happening to me yet. :bawling:

That happens to me every now and then

I am in a daze when im driving, my mom would be all talking to me and i would be just staring at the road, thinkin of nothing..and im just spaced out...when i get to the place i want to get to, i get out the car and im like "woah...wtf...wasnt i just at home?"

[SMS]Deryl
03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
I usually dream about killing zombies...and just recently Cylons too.

::: DARK PSI :::
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
You were abducted by aliens Slice.

SALvation
03-11-2005, 08:03 PM
30 is the new 80. Please include me in your will.

EXEcution
03-11-2005, 08:25 PM
:D shower thing happens to me too, but driving i just see how many cars i can pwn :cool:

Alexis SC430
03-11-2005, 08:35 PM
OMG... if 30 is the new 80 then that makes the whole world kind of like that movie Logan's Run... I think.

SPAWN
03-11-2005, 08:37 PM
i noticed i started doing that after i get hit by that car.........
but i think its sweet as hell. cuz i do it during school all the time now and the days fly past :thumbs: :woohoo:

EXEcution
03-11-2005, 09:07 PM
i noticed i started doing that after i get hit by that car.........
but i think its sweet as hell. cuz i do it during school all the time now and the days fly past :thumbs: :woohoo:
kids and their stupid dares :D

SPAWN
03-11-2005, 09:15 PM
:cool: :D

Speedsweeper
03-11-2005, 09:29 PM
All that work and too much money Slice. :D

Free Styler
03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
i forget things all the time.Or should i say things are not a routine for me.

Whaterver it may be.Closing a fridge door stove oven....or where my keys are or wallet.

Im always in a search waldo state of mind.Thing is i think ill always be like this.

Until a old age if i live old that is.

My theorie on achzeimers is that those people live out their lives without really a sence of awarness.A kinda routine day per day life.

When they start thinking to much in that routine life style well that's where it devellopes.

Btw i have nothing against aczeimers and scientifilcy speaking they say their looking for the cure but dont even know the cause yet.

The abranchement of neurones dont connect like there suppose too.

And instead of using other manners to get to the same gold whaterver it may be(doing normal things of every day life) well your brain can't switch modes as i like to say.

This is purely a theory and if you think what i said makes no sence well...

Damn i forgot what i wanted to say lol

oh well

Slice
03-12-2005, 12:22 AM
If 30 is the new 80 then you only have 3 years left yourself grandpa. http://www.godsclans.com/forums/html/emoticons/wheelchair.gif

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
03-12-2005, 01:09 AM
The state you are describeing is called amnesia!:D It must be terrible, or maybe you are divorceing.:bawling:

Free Styler
03-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Nope im not married.

And i still have a not so bad memory when i consider the things i have to remember important.