PDA

View Full Version : setting up a server

Nightflier
01-31-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm having trouble setting up the server just the way I like it. I don't know if I have the Quake Runner installed in the wrong directory or not. I'd like to be able to set up weapons where I'd like, determine respawns, set up freeze tag, etc... but all I'm able to do is set up the generic server from the mutliplayer list... anyone know how to set up a good server and what I need. Thank you.

~NF~

cc: Quake forums

MR. SLiK
01-31-2003, 11:39 PM
I dont think you can edit where the weapons are through the server because there placed on the map. The only way these change if you play CTF or TDM which they are switched around. You can control some characteristics though like Knockback (recoil basically from weapons) and where your weapon is displayed on the screen (albeit cheat protected). Im pretty sure you can define spawning times, not zones though.

FUS1ON
01-31-2003, 11:55 PM
I have Q3 Runner installed and working, But I haven't used it enough to help with the settings and which Mods it works with yet. :(
It should be installed to the C:\Program Files\Custom Installs\Quake 3 Runner folder.

Nightflier
02-01-2003, 12:36 AM
I haven't figured out how to launch the Quake 3 runner so that the game starts with the settings I choose.

Fragetti
02-01-2003, 12:55 AM
I use Q3asc Q3asc (http://www.planetquake.com/q3asc/)
I like it very much. All though I haven’t used the all the feature but it is very reliable.
And I can control the server remotely. You can save different configs for quick setup.
Frag Ya Later :wave:

Note: Uninstall q3runner before you install Q3ASC. I installed Q3runner and it corrupted my baseq3 folder (q3runner adds a lot of files here) Nether one worked properly.
I was fine once I removed the q3runner files. Q3runner has a nice GUI I need more time to play with it.

Nightflier
02-01-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Jan 31 2003, 04:55 PM
I use Q3asc Q3asc (http://www.planetquake.com/q3asc/)
I like it very much. All though I haven’t used the all the feature but it is very reliable.
And I can control the server remotely. You can save different configs for quick setup.
Frag Ya Later  :wave:

Note: Uninstall q3runner before you install Q3ASC. I installed Q3runner and it corrupted my baseq3 folder (q3runner adds a lot of files here) Nether one worked properly.
I was fine once I removed the q3runner files. Q3runner has a nice GUI I need more time to play with it.
Thanks! I figured you'd know if anyone. BTW, which folder should I install it into...baseq3?:jammin:

Fragetti
02-01-2003, 04:25 AM
It will install in its own folder. then it will ask for the directory were Q3.exe is than scan
make sure all your mods and maps are there first(in baseq3 folder) if you load any more maps and mods after that just do a re-scan.
Frag'em & Bag'em :thumbs: