PDA

View Full Version : UTComp 1.6 Final Released

Warhead
03-17-2005, 04:37 AM
Yep, UTComp v1.6 is finally out of beta. See the UTComp page (http://ut2004.gameamp.com/ut2004/viewUtcomp) for release notes and download links. :thumbs:

ForrestFunk
03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
be careful with this release...

[...]this release adds several new features, the biggest ones being an enhanced netcode to help even out gameplay on higher pings[...]

its serverside disabled by default, but it can get very confusing because you always have to look whether its enabled or not and "adjust" your playing style to it. :down:

IMO it sucks

Warhead
03-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah - some like it, some hate it. But you can say that about anything else, really. I can't stand brightskins and hitsounds, so I disable them clientside. You can disable the enhanced netcode client side as well. If you don't like it, the UTComp devs were nice enough to build in functionality to let you turn it off.

Pure_Evil
03-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Have the leagues and ladders decided on this yet?

and if Frag reads this, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone ;)

Warhead
03-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Have the leagues and ladders decided on this yet?
No. It was just released last night - I know it's going to take TWL at least two weeks to make a ruling on it. Hell, they still haven't ruled on the 3355 patch, and that was released almost a month ago.

... if Frag reads this, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone ;)
Which two birds are you referring to??

Pure_Evil
03-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Kurgen and {DS} servers :P :D

Twin])I2agon
03-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Waiting for UTPlus ... tired of this ttm&utcomp crap

Warhead
03-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Kurgen and {DS} servers :P :D
I thought Kurgen was expiring soon.

Fragetti
03-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Pure
you read my mind :) (now you must be stupid):D
I was going to contact TWL but since I read Warheads remarks Ill hold off for now. Maybe Ill do some testing first
on my test server. :thumbs:

Fragetti
03-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Hmm.... UTPlus? Twin got a linky:rolleyes:

)I2agon']Waiting for UTPlus ... tired of this ttm&utcomp crap

Pure_Evil
03-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Pure
you read my mind (now you must be stupid):D
I was going to contact TWL but since I read Warheads remarks Ill hold off for now. Maybe Ill do some testing first
on my test server.

Cool, I have a TWL 1 vs 1 match tonight against a player with a little bit of a attitude :( I don't want him to :bawling: about a different version of UT comp after I thoroughly kick his ass all over the map!

TWL was kind enough to make it the same map I played my last match on http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pi_devil.gif

Warhead
03-18-2005, 02:45 PM
The only thing I can find on UTPlus (that's not in German) is here (http://www.unrealwiki.com/wiki/Wormbo).

UTPlus (under development)
Basically a collection of useful features for a UT2004 server. UTPlus is supposed to become a replacement for Anti TCC and UTComp with its own bright skins, hit sounds, an anti-cheat plug-in, webadmin extensions, voting, etc.
If you're fortunate enough to know German, there's a discussion thread for it here (http://forum.ingame.de/unreal/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14466). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to learn German just yet. :P

Fragetti
03-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Thx WH

what u no sprecginz dutch :)

oh Noldhor :)

noldhor
03-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Thx WH

:) french but not german or dutch

noldhor
03-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Basically a collection of useful features for a UT2004 server. UTPlus is supposed to become a replacement for Anti TCC and UTComp with its own bright skins, hit sounds, an anti-cheat plug-in, webadmin extensions, voting, etc.

Heres what i found from a french site: I translated it, sorry fot the mistakes guys

wormbo has announced the development of a particular utility: UTPlus. It will integrate many mutators like UTcomp or anti-cheating like anti-tcc or safegame. Others mutators will be also integrated like Hit sounds (configurable with server and client), Ping Compensation (configurable with server and client), an increased models visibility will be developed (brightskin, configurable with server and client). Auto-Demorecording, Autoscreenshots, also configurable with server and client. The scores pannel will be more detailed and graphic messages will appear when your character die. A warm up will be integrated as well as the IRC Reporter. A vote and matchsetup pannel will also be included. Many other stats will be included as Weapon Stats: recapitulate the use of the weapons during a match

Well, everything we already know but in the same utility:)

Warhead
03-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Eh, I dunno if he'll be able to match the quality of UTComp - the UTComp dev team seems like they've spent an awful lot of time debugging and improving, rinsing and repeating, to get UTComp to where it is today. Don't get me wrong - Wormbo's got a lot of credibility in the community for Anti-TCC and a host of other mutators he's done; he's a pretty prolific content producer. But still, he's just one guy. The UTComp team is three guys, and they've been focusing just on UTComp.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what UTPlus ends up looking like.

Twin])I2agon
03-18-2005, 06:49 PM
I think Wormbo knows exactly what hes doing. ^^
Ok, your not wrong ... they are 3 and hes doing it alone but hey a good player can play against 3 not so good ones and still win ;)
Theres an early version running on one of the inunreal servers ... i really like it so far :thumbs:

Fragetti
03-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Thx Guy's some good info here. I will be watching and waiting
to see what turns up. Sounds good anyway.

Aries
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Thx WH

hm hm

*assumes Teach pose*

German= Deutsch (hence Deutschland or Germany)

Dutch= the mothertongue of the Netherlands and the northern part of Belgium
(due to its affiliation with the Netherlands also often encountered in jokes about being stingy)

Warhead
03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I had never heard of people from the Netherlands being stingy...

And where did the term "Dutch oven" come from?? :D